Who stuffs? (port stuffing)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1969
I notice by stuffing one of four 4" aeroports that I am able to lower the box tune and thus able to play lower tuned music/tones. Anyone else doing this and if so what results are you getting? I know this isn't anything new been doing it for a while, just curious. I noticed the higher tune it seems to be louder but a lower tune seems to carry through more walls with less power. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2382
what do you stuff it with?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3762
yep...i do that w/ my ports all the time.

i roll up two towels and stick them in my lower left hand port w/ my three 6" flares. It 'retunes' my box to ~37-38hz. The lows are ALOT better.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6993
before i stuffed on of my aero port with and old t-shirt. i roll up the shirt and put duct tape around it. for me it didn't sound too good cause i only had 2 ports and when i plugged one, the port area was just too small and i was getting some weird noise at high volume.

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3711
yea, my boi Ronnie actual uses some metal covers made for his ports, u twist the middle bolt and they tighten to the port... he has 2 of these covers for his 8 ports... lol
:-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6994
that will make it real air tight.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3714
yea, it makes them air tight untill he blows them out of the port... it has happened atleast twice! :-O he even damaged a aero port that had to be rescrewed to the box... pure sickness....

I remember when we built our extreme 5 van, it literally was BREAKIN the SCREWS :-O the sub would then leave the enclosure... also competor Tim Heath has a CHAIN to pull his roof to the floor, and that pops on every other burp.. 175dbs....

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7000
wtf.....thats insane man. people are just too crazy. damn 175dbs can do some permanent body damage.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3715
yea our van did 160.5 in a 2day build...
it was tearin apart the screws that mounted the subs... put a sheet of paper in there, and it turned into a million lil pecies....

at 175 Tim breaks his chains...
he has like 6 - 8 mojo 15s with like 8-10 4kws....

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=35904&Season=2007&P age=5

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3716
also this is the van we built in 2 days...
and my boss/roomate LEE status....

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=48753&Season=0

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7002
i can't see the photos. it says only premium memebers. copy and post it on this thread B.

also why won't those guys with a extreme van let us see the inside of the van. it sux cause i want to see how they did it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3719
Chad, cant give away the secrets... but lets just say .5 cubes each of airspace... :-)

well what do u know, he caught me on camera after all in the background.... scratchin my head, about 2am in the morning, look outside the door...

Upload

u dont let a 500lb door swing open!
Upload

shops a mess, look at the new astroLADE van in the backgrd with a cadillac grill
Upload

lee with the hu in the back of the van, jason about to strap the doors shut!
Upload

Upload

2 legends!! Mike Barfield and Lee Lane...
their scores speak for themselves, these guys are the history of SPL...
Upload

jason, mike, lee
Upload

tim heath 175 van... Chris Norris KILLER! :-)
Upload

Tim Heath in middle
Upload
Upload

Fred Jr and Senior
score is our van vs Chris Norris... we lost but still came 3rd in finals, not bad for 2day build! :-O but Tim smacked that azz....
Upload

Chris Noris van, SWEET paintjob!
60 16v batts... ummm 5 solox 15s... NASTY LOUD!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Tim Heath van... that spanked Chris Noris with a 175+db

Chad this is the closest to the inside u will ever see... LOL
Upload
RIP CHRIS!! :-)
Upload

Budwiser PLANT right beside our store...
Upload
Upload

the beautiful beach, full of whoes....
Upload
Upload

Bigest STRIP club/upscale @ the beach :-O "MASTERS"
Upload

2 bikes inside from the FUNKMasterFLEX car show...
Upload
Upload

by the way the 2 day build was 2 15" mojos, 1 15" SSX, 2 15" type Rs, which 1 was blown....

lol so basically 4 subs, and 1 4krms memphis, and 2 16v batts did that score... :-O

I cant be found in any other pics, cause I passed out from exhaustion, 3 hrs of sleep each night for 5days, just a super busy week... then a 48hrs awake to build the van.... slept in my boi Ronnie Tahoe... This was at NSPL finals... :-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7005
nice pics man. everything looks awesome.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3724
thanks Chad...
here are some pics inside the back of Chris Noris van....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

thats about the most u will see, if ur not there to look inside urself, which alot dont let u do anyway... cause u might steal there setup.... :-)
but yea, Chris bandpass was almost the same as our bandpass inside the van... :-O

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7008
how do those setups sound with music? does that van even have component speakers up front?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3740
lol, no components speakers at all, u would prob blow them from the pressure.. NO music...
however some people do thro in a highs amps and play music after some shows... all depends on what their enclosure is tuned too...

Lee had the loudest street car, has over 50 trophies (half of which are taller than me) for it and magazine articles... the vans would leave when that lil cougar drove up... and everyone would be mad that a car beat a extreme van...

he had 2 mojo 15s and 8 mojo 2000ds... and about 16 8v batts... he daily that car... and drove it down the strips... and got arrested... :-)

not very fuel efficent with concrete in the back of a coupe...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us