Pioneer 780MP installation issue

Bronze Member
Username: Drwang

Santa cruz, Ca

Post Number: 44
I'm upgrading from the pioneer deh470mp to the deh780mp. I bought it online and I thought the wiring would be the same since they are the same brand but it's different.
I had the 470mp installed free from circuit city and I took the 780mp with me asking them if they had a harness for it. They said i could just match the colors and solder the wires together. Is there an easier way to do this or is the guy right? I can solder it but I'm just afraid that if I mess up, it's going to be an ugly mess. So do I just start cutting wires on the harness on have?

Thanks for the help guys.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 838
not really sure what harness your talking about. are you talking about the harness the stereo comes with or your car harness, or the installation wire harness?

The installation wiring harness that you buy to connect a aftermarket stereo will connect up to the 780mp stereo harness. You just have to know which wires are which. I would look up the color coding and match it to the stereo's wire harness. The wire harness that comes with your stereo should tell what wire does what. But explain more. Jenifer should be able to help you for wire harness diagrams and such.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 76
Never cut any wires out of the vehicle. Leave the factory clips/harnesses in the car. You can buy cheap wiring harness for that particular vehicle at walmart(cheapest place). If you are missing the harness that clips into the back of the deck than you should look on ebay for it. Circut city should not have cut out factory harness/s when installing your previous deck. Once you have the harness for your vehicle and the harness for your deck, you simply match the colors and if you want to use an amp or the dimmer than hook up orange wire and for amp use the blue remote wire. Solder is not a necessity but wire connectors and a crimping tool will work just as good. There are even twist on caps that can be used. Or just twist wires togeather and use good old fashioned electical tape.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us