Alpine amp goes into Safe mode

Username: Rocky602

Post Number: 1
I need some help. I have an older Kenwood deck and an Alpine M450 amp powering a single alpine 10" Type E Sub. When I crank the sound up my amp goes into same mode. I have literally replaced all the wiring (power, ground, and speaker wires) and tested the system with a differant sub, differant deck, and new Alpine amp. All duplicate the same problem with the Alpine amp. However, when I put my buddy's Rockford amp into my system, the sound does not cut out. And when I put my Alpine amp into his system with an Alpine deck it also does not cut out. I read that my paticular Kenwood deck puts out 4.5 volts but my amp only takes up to 4 volts.

1) Could there be a compatability issue with my choice of amps? Has anyone ever heard of this?

2) Any cheaper suggestions other than replace the amp or deck? Money is tight.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 715
What ohm is your sub.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 839
is your gain set right? turn your gain all the way down if your HU puts out that much preout voltage.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3258
the gain might be the problem....

Username: Rocky602

Post Number: 2
The sub is an Alpine 10" type E sub with 4 ohms. I turned the gain all the way down on the sub, but the deck doesn't have enough power to make the sub hit now. Any other thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us