6'9's

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 18
I need some 6'9's that can handle at least 150w rms. (Good brands only no Plye, Pyramid, Blaupunkt, etc.) Anyone have a suggestion on some speakers that can handle that type of power? don't worry also, I am not going to be using them to push bass, only treb. I am about to buy the kicker 650.4, and they can push out a lot of power @4ohms(120w rms).

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9823
do you have subs??? and what kind of ride is it

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 21
yes Chauncey, I have subs. I have 2 Orion H2's 12.4. They are on a totally separate amp though. 02 Chevy Monte Carlo

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 550
Why do you want 6x9's???
You say you only need them to push treb, then why the feck do you need 6x9's? Put in adapter plates and smack some 6 inch comps in there.
BTW, 150w rms is not THAT cool, there are guys putting 300-400w rms to each side so 150 is baby steps:-). How about 150W of Zapco juice to one tweet?:-)
"Show me a 6x9 with a 3" VC and I will show you Paradise" - said God (to a guy who said "yo" a lot) after walking through the hood:-)
You know, I won't even feckin' consult on 6x9's period:-)

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 551
Well, actually the ultimate ghetto that I have seen is - guys hooking up 6x9's and simply laying them down on the rear deck LMFAO, that would absolutely certify you as a hood member:-)

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 26
Before you answer someone's post you need to read it! If I wanted something like a comp plate that's what I would have asked for. All I want is some 6'9's to replace my stock speakers in the rear deck. I already have a component set in the front with tweeters mounted separately. I am not going to hook up my KICKER 650.4 amp to my factory spakers in the back. I obviously want to push my 6'9s for clarity in my car. I don't want any F!@#ing six inch woofers. So, again my original question still applies.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 586
If you want clarity - you WILL NOT get it with 6x9's - fact:-)
6x9's in the back WILL screw up you front staging and image - fact:-)
Why would you need anything in the back anyway since you have comps in the front???
Just get a small sub to have a low fill that's it.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 38
Finally found some good 6'9's that will blast like horn tweeters.....Nakamichi (120w rms) also underrated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us