What Kind Of Speakers

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 357
What would be some decent speakers to run off an Infinity 7541a?
111W RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
139W RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
276W RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms
I'd like to spend about $100-$200, or possibly ask for it as a Christmas present, so any ideas or website links would be great!

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 299
What size?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1158
Shawn I/we all understand your situation. We all have been there, but to be honest, it is bad and almost difficult to match a set of speakers to an amp. May I suggest that you should get the speakers you like (first), then look for an amp to drive them.

Here is why;

You may find a speaker that fits your amps power at resistence, but you will almost always be unsatisfied with the sound of the speakers.

Trust me. Get the speakers you like first, then get an amp that will put out 10-20% more power (RMS) at the resistence you need. This will be a better matchup than trying to fit some speakers to the amps power.

I would get the speakers first, and if the amp you have now fits the speakers, great, but if it doesnt, then sell it, and get the amp you need. You will be ever so much more satisfied and glad you waited it out.

We all have financial restrictions and sometimes it seems like we can cheat the system by cutting a few corners, but in the long run we all ended up regretting it.

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 74
Or if you have the amp, just get the speakers and if they are lower rms power just dont turn it up that loud and blow them.

I have that same amp and am running 2 6.5" Phaze audio Tube drivers and 2 ascendant audio 6.5" poly mids.

The biggest question is what size do you need? components?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us