Local rip off

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 227
So I head out to see what is available in my town for amps and go into all the places talk to the guys for awhile then get down to business. I tell them I'm looking for an amp that'll do about 1200-1500rms at 1 or 2 ohms,out of the 5 places these are my options (lucky me) Either an MA audio HK2000D Which has the output I want but is $950CAD (about $825US) or a Lightning audio Strike s2.1000 at $600CAD ($530US). Ouch, guess I won't be buying local. does anybody have anything for sale in the $200US range?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9800
not in that power or price range..

a good 1000-1500rms amp will cost around 300+us

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3226
the cheapest one you can find is a hifonics 1206D.

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 12
I actually have MA 401SX (Class D/1 channel/Stable @ 1ohm) hit's about a solid 1200w rms for sale. Email me if you want to know more Mountford.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3235
^^^^ don't get MA audio, they're overrated, their actual ratings are done with 17V. Then, they put their other ratings at 14.4V, even if you have a electrical charging upgrade, you'll never see their true RMS ratings.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 493
u must have some crappy local shops lol, place by me has an arc audio 1500 RMS for like 500

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 848
Yeah Canada has slim, slim choices for audio dude. My town has 4 audio stores...none carry amps over 1200rms. 600rms Xplod amp for like 299-399 *Canadian* woo hoo on that.
Theres Alpine, Rockford, Sony, Pioneer, Fusion, Clairion, Bassworks, Infinity, jenson, panasonic, Lightining Audio, very little MA, some dragon company, a few mmats amps (one shop)...and really thats about it, I will never buy anything local Im wayyy past that stage Ebay is the way to go or some people on here.

No good deals locally I paid $130 for a 0awg Stinger amp kit and locally they wanted 199-250 (not including taxes and such).....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3280
clarion, infinity, alpine, pioneer rockford and some fusion products are good, and you have mmats.

You don't have good prices, that's the problem

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 15
"I actually have MA 401SX (Class D/1 channel/Stable @ 1ohm) hit's about a solid 1200w rms for sale. Email me if you want to know more Mountford."

That is a damn decent amp, and they sell for like 200 bucks. Best amp for the price I've ever owned.
It's got a digital voltage meter, thermometer, stable to 1/2 ohm, pounds about 1500w all night...why waste money on a name...

As for them being overrated, so what?
Don't kicker and mtx do the same?
AN amp that says 1800 rms is really 1500, it still pounds and costs 200 as opposed to the prices the threadstarter is talking about.
He could get 2 and be set with $$ left over.
Unless he can find something similar for a similar price, he should get the MA 401sx, IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 517
kicker dont over rate their products

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9912
Remember..u get what you pay for... and a watt is a watt..when buying an amp...u pay for quality and if it puts out what it says...

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 451
Yea listen to Chauncey save up a little more it will be worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 450
thats right, kicker and alot of mtx under rate

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 454
What kind of subs are you powering with the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 232
Well right now I have 2 Infinity 1230's powered by a Rockford P3001, but my first step in an upgrade is the amp. I'm underpowering the subs I have now and figure with gains down they'll be ok for a little while, then I'm seriously thinking about an Fi Q 12"

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 733
75% of car audio stores are rip offs.

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 91
No sh*tin' ^^^

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 92
at least my dad is best friends with the owner of the audio place here otherwise I would be burnin' sonys.

Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 4
I suggest Hifonics BX1500D is cheap and powerful. I got two of them delivered for $454 off Ebay. None (new)on ebay now but very good amp for the money. $227 a peice for new in box and sealed with bass nob shipped to my door.
1500 watts RMS @1 ohm (at 14.4 volts)
1000 Watts RMS @2 ohms (at 14.4 volts)
500 watts RMS @4 ohms (at 14.4 volts)

Strongly recamend if you can keep 14.4 volts up.
Otherwise go with the Crossfire VR1000D which is 1000 watts RMS at 12.4 volts @1 ohm and 1392 watts RMS at 14.4 Volts @ 1ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us