Username: Coreyl

Post Number: 5
Here is what i have so far...

pair of 6.5 alpine component
pair of cheap 6x9 blaupunkt coaxial
2 JL 12w08 sub
kicker amp (not sure how many watt)
480watt 2/4 channel pioneer amp

any suggestion on the correct setup for best SQ?

what i'm planning on doing is to use the pioneer amp to power the front alpine component. Kicker amp to power the sub. For rearfill, i'll just power the 6x9 with my HU and turn the fade to about 1/4 of the front. Is this correct?

I don't want to ditch the rear speakers at all since i have passenger in the back.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 498
Well, just try it out and see. If you don't like it then ditch the rears:-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1635
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

i used to have rear fill but took it out becasue i didnt like it.

but my freind has it in his car and its not bad. he has no sub though.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 543
go on your headunit and set the fade to just the front. then listen to it from the front and then the back and decide how you like that. if you like it then no rear fill, dont like it, then get rear fill. just remember that your gonna have sub(s) right behind the back seat and your fornt speakers will be better and louder than the ones you have right now.

Username: Coreyl

Post Number: 6
i tried listen to the front only before but it didn't sound good... no bass or mid mostly high. Maybe it's cuz of my lousy stock speakers or maybe i'm used to having loud speakers in the back. Anyway, i'll have everything installed this weekend and let you guys know how it goes. thanks for the suggestion.

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 73
I have a full sized sedan and found that yes only fronts sounded good, but not as immersed as i would have liked.

I had factory 6x9s in the rear deck but replaced with a pair of ascendant audio 6.5" mid woofers. Personally i think it sounds good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us