HELP CHOOSING AMP TO RUN 4000 watts RMS

Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 2
i bought a concept audio CSP 15, and it needs 4000 watts RMS at a 4 ohm load, or a .25 ohm load, or sumone told me you can wire a quad 1 ohm voice coil sub at 1 ohm, so i need 4k watts rms in either 1,.25,or 4 ohm any suggestions on a good amp? also could someone PLEASE give me feedback on this sub i cant find anyone who knows about this sub, thanks yall, alsowhere can i buy atomic subs? thanks also the link for my sub is http://www.concept-intl.net/proddetail.asp?ID=1&ProductLine=Subwoofers

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Currently residing in ..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 452
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Memphis-Mono-Amp-MC-4KW-4000-Watts_W0QQcmdZViewIt emQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ005QQitemZ150052798687QQrdZ1

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 317
bump but you better have a hella chargin system, ie; ho alt and multiple batteries... that is a great amp

Post Number: 3
im not sure wat u mean richard, are you sayin the amp is bump i guess? im still kinda new to this stuff,also, where do i get it, and im tryin to keep the amp under 600 if possible, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2215
4000wrms under $600 will be kinda hard. and what he means is you better invest in the largest high output alternator you can, several good batteries, and upgrade the big 3. and some sound deadning wouldn't hurt.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 401
haha....4000rms for under 600 = impossible

sorry man

Post Number: 4
well i found the soundstream picasso pushin 3500 rms for 550 on ebay, is that a pretty good amp? also if i do upgrade the big 3 and purchase that amp do you think i have a chance to win sum comps, with that sub and the picasso 3500D amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
yeah man, i think you got in a little too deep a little too fast. you already got a 4000w rms sub
you need:
amp
HO alternator
big 3 upgrade
several batteries
amp kit

all of this you might be able to get for $1,500 , not including the amp, which will be probably $1,000 atleast

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
yeah, ok, that amp is good. it puts out its rms rating. from what people say....the picasso line of their amps are their top line. but most of their lesser stuff doesnt do its rms rating

Post Number: 5
yeah and the shitty thing is im 16 makin 6.50 an hr...itll b a cold day in hell before i get all this stuff payed off..but still...anybody got any advice/comments on the sub that i provided a link to earlier im pretty anxious to hear any kind of feedback, btw how much do you think the custom 8 cubic ft vented box i have to have for my sub will cost ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
also, i know nothing about your sub, but if its rms rating is 4000 , then yes you can win comps. but you have got to have a good setup. a million dollar sub in a bad setup will go nowhere. your box and vehicle are just as important or more important than your choice of sub(s) and amp(s).

SUV's have ALOT more potential to get loud than any car with a separate trunk.

its the combintion of subs ,amps, box, car, charging system that make a good, loud setup

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2217
never personally heard the sub so i can't comment on that but as far as a box goes it'll be best if you make it or have someone you know make it. getting one made at a store you're probably looking at anywhere from $400 or more. depends alot where you live and how much competion the store has.

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
and for that box you are speaking about. if you have the tools, it is WAY cheaper to build it yourself.

but if you dont, try to find someone on here that lives close to you that builds boxes and they will build one for you. still alot cheaper than any shop would build it for.

Post Number: 6
well its going in a 98 range rover, im just super afraid to make it myself, ive heard horror storys about homeade box's. plus i really want a vented box tuned to 33hz or so for competition, also, ive compiled a list of items i need for the sub so correct me if im missing a huge part of the puzzle,
4000 watt rms amp
HO ALT
8.0 cubic ft vented boxBOX
8.0 cap
hi-power batteries
0-gauge wire kit,
any other ideas?

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 322
man thats a nice ride u have....drool

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
trey, you dont need a cap when you are going to have those batteries. caps dont really do much anyway, besides the fact that they are nice eye candy

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 324
98 rrrraaaannngggggeeeee rrroooovvvvveeeerrr wat color? post a pic damnit! now!

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
just guessing, but since he only has 6 posts, he probly doesnt know how to post pics yet. correct me if im wrong trey

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3660
trey...

if you put that sub in an 8cuft box and give it a real 4000wrms daily...you will have a destroyed sub on your hands.

try about 4.5cuft.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9620
er - didint u guys read it good ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Description:

* Peak power handling: 2000 Watts per voice coil
* Continuous power handling: 1000 Watts per voice coil

so if thats the correct link then its 2000w MAX PER COIL !!!! NOT 4000wrms !

so that sub is really rated 2000wrms !

sub frame looks just like the atomic apx ...

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Currently residing in ..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 457
its got quad voice coils

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2218
haha, when i clicked the link i just wanted to look at the sub! guess i shouldv'e read it to:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3661
yea...its 1000wrms per coil

quad VC's (4")

total---4000wrms

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 792
Making a box yourself isn't as bad as it sounds. As long as you know how to work with tools and so forth you should be okay. Thing good thing to do is brace the inside of the box.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3207
haha rovin, you looked like a newbie up there. 4 coilsx1000w= 4000w rms

The cheapest amp you can get is a lanzar optidrive 4000D, nobody likes it but it has the same board of the soundstream XXX6500D model, an extremely spl amp

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 79
No lanzar they are crap. I had a lanzar 2000wrms at 2 ohms and my little 400wrms Ma Audio amp pushed the same subs harder.

The Ma Audio Hk4000d you can get for about 450 shipped on ebay.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2713.html

Its rated at 4000wrms at 17 volts.
But will run around 3300 wrms true at 2 ohms.

have it modded to run at 1 ohm and ull get more than enough power. over 4000watts

Quad 1 ohm sub wired to 1 ohm

2 sets of 2 vc in parrellel then wire the 2 in series that will get you at 1 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
but the specs say the amp isnt stable at 1 ohm??

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3210
EDDy optidrive line is good, again the same trouble. Check this pics and then STFU.

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Lanzar_OPTI_4000D/

That board doesn't lies, and i've heard they're underrated and can hold 1/2 ohm loads, but i'm not sure about that. I know it will put 4000w rms for cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9635
doooh ! - guess i so missed seeing that quad coil part since its always usually damn dual coil subs

my bad - lol ........Upload

Username: Slamminsystem05

Raymond, MS United States

Post Number: 6
RF T40001bd (4000w x 1 @ 1 ohm) and its underrated so it prob puts out 4500

Username: Jnbjproductions

Post Number: 4
What about a xxx amp? the one that kicks out 10000 rms for 2200$
I know you could wipe out world hunger for that kind of money, but what the hell?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4001
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us