Deadening opinion

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6732
i am going to deadent the both of my front doors this weekend.

when i remove the door panel, there is a large piece of plastic film stuck to the door. should i remove that and then apply the edead or just apply over it.

also has any of you guys applied edead to the inner side of the door panel?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2209
yep, put edead on the inside of the door panel to and it helps out alot. my car didn't have plastic film on the inside of the door though, but i'd say remove it.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6736
mike did you use a heat gun when applying your deadener? someone said the heat gun will make it softer thus makes applying around bends easier.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2210
no. i used v1 and didn't need it, it's pretty flexiable already and i didn't have any problems at all.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1845
The plastic film is there to help with air leaks throug the door panels. I wouldn't apply the deadener over it because the plastic wouldn't make such a good bonding surface. Try useing the deadener as they did with the plastic, taking its place making sure there are no holes in it. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1608
or use cardboard to fill up big holes in the door and deaden the cardboard

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6738
okay cool.

also there are 2 blocks of styrofoam on the door panel. that makes a noise when it rubs against the door due to extreme bass. should i just take it out? i am afraid if i take it out, that part of the door panel won't have any support.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2211
just use a couple drops of silicon glue (i think thats' what's called) on it so it don't move.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us