Jensen VM9311TS IPOD-No video

Username: Mikeyc33

Post Number: 1
UGH!!!! SO I HAVE THE JLINK CORD, EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY ON THE TOUCH SCREEN IT PLAYS THE MUSIC IT SHOWS THE GRAPHICS, BUT AS SOON AS I TRY TO PLAY THE VIDEO IT CHANGES OVER TO A BLUE SCREEN...AND YES ALL THE SETTINGS ON MY IPOD ARE CORRECT...(TV:-OUT, NTSC, WIDESCREEN) I CAN HEAR THE AUDIO BUT CANT SEE THE VIDEO....THE PEOPLE AT JENSEN ARNT VERY HELPFUL--ANY IDEAS? TRICKS? OR SOLUTIONS?

OH AND BY THE WAY YES I CAN WATCH DVDS, (I USED THE BRAKE OVERIDE PASSWORD)

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 480
Dead section:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Psychedelic_feta

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 33
Hi Mike,

I think I know what you're problem is. Some people including myself had the same problem but with the tv and/or navigation or anything related to the media module video output.

Make sure you hook up these two cables:

CVBS (yellow cable on the media module) and MEDIA MODULE VIDEO INPUT (Yellow cable on the head unit)

I think the reason you can't see any video is because the audio cables are hooked up, but the video cable is not...

Username: Mjmcgee30

Post Number: 2
so what if i'm not getting any audio through the ipod or my cd? i can controll the ipod, but no audio. i only have the jlink cable hooked up, am i missing somethinhg?

Username: Inhumanity

Post Number: 7
I actually had the same problem. I ended up dumping my iPod for different technology (long story), but when I did have my iPod it would also display the blue screen and no video.

The audio functionality was fine and I had the iPod "skin" on the screen without trouble. Slow as hell, but it worked.

Username: Dto605

Cleveland, Ohio

I have the same unit and I cant get the album art, photos, or videos on the ipod to display on the screen. Its as simple as the video cable not hooked up to the module?

Username: Rjb696

Post Number: 3
yes hook up the video out of the module to the video in on the unit

Cleveland, Ohio

So the jlink can transfer audio and video? tards at best buy know so little.

Bronze Member
Username: Inhumanity

Post Number: 13
David,

The J-Link cable does NOT transfer video; only audio and control of the iPod.

You need the video out cable from the media module connected to the video input of the deck.

Cleveland, Ohio

got it. i see that the parking brake has to be engaged to work.

Username: Sidor23

BialystokPOLAND

I heve a problem with my jensen 9411, I don't have remote control, and I can't enter to general setup, maybe somone have code for setup or something like that, the other problem is my media module it doesn't work that I think, the red liht not lighting . I try play tv but I dont see tv in SRC. Please somebody help me

Username: Bdassrubicon

Hi I have the Jensen VM9311TS I get all the video DVD,iPod etc. I used the brake override password and it worked perfectly, video and audio are great but when i use the ipod for music it displays the artist and the song titles but no album art work? Is this normal? Or should I be seeing the album art work as well. How do I get the album art work to show up on the screen?

Bronze Member
Username: Psychedelic_feta

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 52
Although that feature would be wicked cool, Jensen didn't implement, in other words, there is no artwork to be seen because the unit doesn't bother reading it off the ipod....

I have another ? When I play my Jensen VM9311TS in FM radio mode all my speekers and sub woofer work great! But when I play music from the iPod using the JLink cable my sub woofer doesn't work at all, no vibration nothing? Is there somthing my installer forgot? is there a setting for the sub to work with the iPod or JLink? Please help thanks.

Whats the differance between the VM9311TS and the VM9511TS? Will they both work with the Jensen GPS100 mod.

Bronze Member
Username: Snowboardbum

Post Number: 22
the jensen vm9511ts comes with a tv tuner, and an sd card slot. Two extra features the vm9311ts doesn't have.

Username: Jrpierce2

I got the vm9311ts and everything is working great; EXCEPT, my flip down monitor in the rear that I have hooked up to it is in Black and White..and suggestions?

Username: Hardcorejuggalo

Post Number: 8
see i am having problems playing video and pictures on my Jensen VM9311 it plays music through my sub and everything i just cant get it to play my video.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us