Subs/Trucks/Space

Anonymous
I have a Nissan hardbody truck that I just got a 10" sub installed in. It didn't really occur to me that losing 3-4 inches of leg room would hurt me that bad - is there anyone out there who has installed a sub into a small truck and has information on how they did it?

I basicly want to know if I can cut back deeper into the bed to put the box in, and if so how can it be protected.

How much space does the box take up?One 10" sub should only take up about 1 1/2 cubic feet at the most.I would see about redesigning the box before cutting into the bed.One thing to also consider,You can trade off to a smaller box and increase the power to the speaker(bigger amp),provided the speaker can handle it.Also the type of box can determine how much space is needed.I would stay with a sealed box and a larger amp instead of ported boxes or bandpass boxes.I always had subs in my trucks(an Izuzu,and two mazdas)and the trick is to design the box to go behind the seat with a speaker that can perform in a smaller box.If you like,email me and tell me what type of speaker you have and amp and what year truck -I'll try to be more specific.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us