Infinity Perfect 12.1 or Alpine Type R 12" 4 ohm DVC

I am looking for both SQ and SPL. I've been using a JBL 1200.1 and 2 MTX6000's 12" which is a waste of amp, I know but the subs were free. A friend has 2 12.1's and I like the sound. Another friend has 3 12" Type E's and they're ok but I haven't heard the Type R's. Any suggestions?

Derek
Infinity makes some pretty efficient subs (spelled L.O.U.D.) and they sound good as well. They will make good use of your amplifier power.

Anonymous
dude buy type r subs, i have 2 type r 12's and they rock i have a sony explode amp 1200watt pushing them a 1000watts each trust me if u wanna be heard, buy the type r's

Blah
1000 watts each with a 1200 watt amp? How is that possible?

Anonymous
I heard the other day that infinity subs are some what not to stable. That they don't handle recommend rms power can any one share some insight of the new Kappa Perfect single 4ohm sub?

the type r's handle a little more than their rated rms...buy 2 10's or 2 12's type r's

John
Im planning on getting a 10in subwoofer. Im deciding on either an 10in Alpine Type-E 200 RMS or the Inifinity Reference 250 RMS. My Alpine amp puts out 200 RMS. Which of the two would you recommend and which is a better brand for a subwoofer that will last long. Also would the Infinity References be underpowered? Does the 50 RMS less make a difference or not. Thanks!

INCUBUS
i was kina in the same boat.....but with 10's...i picked the type R's because I listened to both the infinitys and the alpines and i prefered the type r's.....but really i think i would have been happy with either.....both great subs it just depends what you want.....good luck

John......I would go for the infinity because you can get on for under 50 bucks on ebay......but the E is still a good entry woofer.....i would say check out a 4ohm type S its more compareable to the infinity.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us