PG Xenon 2 CH or 4 CH

Username: Leonardotmnt

Post Number: 7
I want to get a new amp to power my Infinity Kappa components in front. I used to have the x100.4 until it was stolen and I'd like to get another. My question is is it worth getting the x100.4 over the x100.2 if I'm just going to run the front two components? I'd thought originally of running midbasses in the rear but from what I read it's not really worth it and it'd be better just to have a sub or two? If I do that even if I bridged the x100.4 and made it 3 channels I think the bridged channel would only be 200W. Should I get the x100.4 and bridge it to 3 channels or should I just get the x100.2 and get another amp for the sub(s)? Or would midbasses in the rear be worth it? Sorry to keep asking questions, it's just that I can save probably $70 with the x100.2 over the x100.4 If there's another amp I can get for around $200 on ebay or somewhere that might be better I'm up for suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Post Number: 8
Anyone? Also I was wondering if I get another amp to power my subs how exactly do the amps connect? Is it a set of rcas from one auxilary to the other and a set of RCAs from the sub preout on the head unit to the amp for the subs or what?

Post Number: 9
Hmm, this forum likes to delete posts I guess. So no suggestions from anyone? Just wondering because I kind of want to get an amp soon and wouldn't mind some help.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2198
rearfill-no one can tell you if it's worth it cause it's personal preference. if you like the way it sounds then go for it.

100.4 over 100.2-depends on your setup. if your not going to be using the extra power from the other two channels then just buy the 100.2 and save the money and run the rears off the hu.

and what sub/s you plan on going with?

Post Number: 10
I was thinking of one or two JL 10W3v3s but I was also wondering if it'd be worth it to get the 4 channel and bridge it if it would be fine for a sub or if I should just get an amp specifically for the sub(s). I wasn't really sure how much power 200W was since I don't need a really powerful system.

And with the second post how do you connect the first amp to the second? Is it just RCAs from aux to aux and then the subwoofer RCA from the subwoofer preout to the amp for the subs? Or is it RCAs from the first amp to the seconds inputs? I've never run subs off an amp so I didn't know. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us