Alpine PrOBLEms!!! AnyOne Know?

Username: Mike20

Post Number: 3
Ive got two alpine 10" x 10's. Ive got an alpine 1000 watt monoblock amp hooked up... For some reason the subs sound like crap when you turn the volume up, not even that high. Their not hittin at all. Ive tried hookin the subs up all different ways being that theres two voicecoil hook ups. (2 positive hookups, and 2 negatives).. I got so pissed i took my 2 10" jl audio W0 subs and put them in the box and they pound compare to the alpines. Alls i know is those alpines should really thump. Anyone have any ideas? I doubt their both blown, how would you know?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 486
if the cone is sratching, wen u push it down. they are prolly blown. are u sure u have them hooked up right???? whats the ohm load. it coulda dropped down and that amp might not be able to support a low load. ummm... what kinda alpines are they R, S, X....

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3080
first off if those are the type x, the rms power on those subs is 1000w, so that amp if it is the 1005 mono amp needs to go to 1 sub, and the ohm load would be to low for the amp with 2 subs, they are dual 4 and the mrd1005 is only 2 ohm stable.

Username: Mike20

Post Number: 6
Yea their the type x subs. I been just trying one sub, ive yet to even hook up the two. So ive got the amp hooked up to only one sub and it really sounds bad. Im not sure the exact way to hook up the sub. Being that its got voice coil 1 and voice coil 2. It cant be the box cuz the jls sound good. And the amp is the alpine 1005 mono.. pretty sure. So unless im hookin the sub wrong i dunno.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3082
+of voice coil 1 to + of voice coil 2, and do the same for -. an what box is good for 1 sub, may not work for another that sub shows needing a gross internal airspace of .65cft, small box and the jls need a bigger box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us