Orion review

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2371
well heres the story, i bought a orion bass maxx it supposed to make 10-12 inch subs sound like 18 because it tricks your ears and its not juzz a bass boster, well yeah i had it in the neon in a bazooka and wow that sh1t made the bazooka hit hard @ss hell, then i tried on my 12's and wow BIG diference sounded deeper and louder (not too much loudness but yeah deeper) well i read the manuel and the manuel juzz suggested the bass maxx should be used betweent the front and rear channel of the cd player to the amp, well i was stisfied with my compoenets (diamond audio m3) SOUNDED VERY NICE it was crossed at 100hz and my rear coaxials at 80hz well yesterday i hooked the bass maxx on my front channels and WOW it was a day and night diference, the lowest my midbass cand drop its around 80-70hz but DUDE now u can easily feel and hear the midbass drop UP TO 40-35hz easily u can even feel the bass comin out from the midbass, they sound like i have 10's in my doors i can even be satisfied if i dont have my subs in the back, the bass sound deeper and much much FULLER u feel your subs its pushing the bass in front of your face,the highs are really clear and birght the mid bass its fenomenal the sq its excellent this is not like epicenter its soo much better and yeha im gettin another bass max for my rears coaxials, for only 100 bucks this procesor its a a+ plus alot of extra credit :-).
with bass maxx u no need to spend on a 1k midbass that can only drop to 50hz because u can have same results with bassmaxx.well like i said my front speakers dropped to 80 or 90 hz if i crossover lower than that it will start to distor, now with the bass maxx my front compoenets drop easily to 40hz even that its crossed at 80hz on my headunit. u definately will not need more than 80rms for your speakers. i saw my speaker and even move less and producing louder and make your speaker play safer and louder. like i said its a trully great product if u can get it or try it ull be definately happy.

the set up was:
alpine cda-9855 (internal amp turned it off)
4 ch phoenix gold octane r 8:0:4 (75rmsx4)
diamond audio m3 components front
polk audio coaxials rear.
orion bassmaxx between front output from the headunit to the amp.

I WILL GIVE IT 9.5\10

CONS: it will take alil more room:-)

PROS: the cost its very affordable, makes you hear the musik sound in front of your face probading a lwoer end punchy and fuller and richer sound. help prtect yoru speakers.

they sound awesome :-)

i trowed lil john and ice cube go to church
36mafia late nite tip
soul susrvivor

all i have to say its wow orion got this awesome product from waves and wow rigth now its the holy grail of my set up.. :-)

Lilrob:-)

well people if u need more info check this out.

if u dont have a subwoofer on your computer
http://stream.wavescaraudio.com/pc/maxxbass/maxxbass_without_sub.wmv
if you have a subwoofer on your ocmputer
http://stream.wavescaraudio.com/pc/maxxbass/maxxbass_with_sub.wmv
if u have a laptop
http://stream.wavescaraudio.com/pc/maxxbass/maxxbass_laptop.wmv

IF U WANT TO LEARN HOW SPEAKERS MAKE SOUND AND HOW THEY WORK AND HOW THEY REPRODUCE THE SOUND CHECK THIS OUT THIS IS VERY INTERESTING.
IF U HAVE 1 PAIR OF SPEAKERS
http://stream.maxxbass.com/pc/InDepth_Laptop_EN.wmv

IF U HAVE MORE THAN 1 PAIR OF SPEAKERS
http://stream.maxxbass.com/pc/InDepth_Multimedia_EN.wmv

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2372
plz if ur planning to post trash dont do it.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 708
sweet. so is it kinda like the epicenter?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2373
no see the last two links and ull see that its no t like the epicententer, epicenter only put frequensy that its lost or is missing on the track and changes the ones that already have, and then reproduce them louder. and its only recomended for subs and mon amps.

the basss maxx i used on my front speakers and like i said it was crossed at 80 hz ( is still crossed)and my front compoenents can easily drop to 40 hz and witout the bass maxx my front compoenents will asily drop to 100hz-75hz, all speakers mounted in doors will regularly drop to around 80hz,the expensive ones the most they can drop its 50-45hz but we are talkina bout 1k speakers or tru mini subs like ascendant audio or re audio xxx midbass but they cant even drop to 40hz they drop to around 50hz if u mount them on the doors. the doors act like a box they will make your midbass be like in a ported box box tuned at 80hz or 75 hz thats why most speaker distort if feed them with low hz thats why the cross over exist on the componets and coaxials they cross the midbass so they cant reach 45-60hz.

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 197
so if i hook it up to my dd 3512 it will sound like an 18? hit harder deeper? is this legal at comps? bigger numbers, or just trick your brain?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2374
will get you same db's maybe 1db or max 2 dependind on your car resonace freqency and yes will trick your brain will think u have a 18, but its better u put them between your cd and 4ch amp and in your front speakers it makes your sound fuller and richer like i said it feels and u can easily hear the bass notes in your face.

if u have a subbox that is tuned at 45hz or so(tuned to spl) its definately a plus if u put them for your subs it will sound the same on numbers or maybe 1db more or max of 2db's, but it will trick your brain that its droppin to 30hz and your sub box its tuned to 45hz. and that makin your spl set up sound more than a sql than spl.

it will hit deeper? absolutely thats how the bass maxx its meant to be witout damaging your sub actually it makes your sub play safer and lower but louder.

is legal on comps? yes, wat its not legal its a procesor that will change the sound.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2375
check the last videos and see how bass maxx its diferent from epicenter and bass bossters, check the first videos to see how bass maxx sound before and after.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2376
well i hope some of these helps.

bump it bump, bump bump.........

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 779
would it make my regular car stereo speakers sound better?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2377
wolfman my stereo wiht the bass max sound like i have the compoents with the brithest detail and with the clearest midbass and wiht some bass in it, it sounds fakin incrediable. if u want i can take a video with bass maxx on and off.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 688
what would it do to a 15" arsenal ported at 28 hz?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 781
Just noticed the price on that thing....$300....maybe I'll wait till I upgrade my system......omfg.....completely off topic here, but I just let out some bass of my own....thought I had a little gas, but that f@rt must have lasted at least 10 seconds....damn

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1820
Would it make my Treo SSX 15.11 sound like a Kicker solobaric?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2378
no the retail is 300 but orion has the same one(the one that i got) its the same as the waves juzz with orion logo on it. actually waves didnt made the bassmaxx they gave the product to directed they sell the original wave but its in limited quantities so the price tag its really high the one that i got is 100 bucks shipped i bough it from cardomain but heres its cheaper.
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_5313.html

u can search from waves site and ull find that they said that they have the waves 103 on orion version and precicion power and they both are the same as the waves.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2380
yes polo if thats wat u want its posible :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us