HONDA car radio code

Username: Suraj

Post Number: 1
I received a Hond car radio form my uncle in USA. and I want to fix it to my suzuki swift. Please sumbody help me on the unlock code for Honda. Details as follows
Manufactured by Matsushita Communication- Japan
Manufactured year- 1998 december
Model no 39100-S84-A210
Ref No CQ-JH1810A
Serial No 98D70736
My email is suraj@os.lk
thanks

Username: Hungso

US

Post Number: 1
Hi Sura,

I understand your situation.
I actually own a 1999 Honda Accord in the states and my battery died. Now it's asking for the code.

I'll tell you what I do know after checking around which pertains to my radio which is in the process of getting an unlock code.

I checked with the mechanic - he said that I need to have the VIN# for my vehicle and possibly the serial number off the back of the radio.

The autobody shop said the same thing.

In addition I would need to provide this and contact a honda dealer who I'd have to pay $45 to $75 (or more) with the infor to get the code.

I contacted the dealer where we purchased the Accord. They initially said the same thing.

However after talking to them was told that there might be a code on a sticker in the original owners manual or in the glove box... yeah right... I don't know where that manual is now.. :-(

Another thing he said that was helpful for me is that if you press #1 & #6 at the same Then turn on the radio it will show up two sets of numbers which are supposedly the serial number... unfortunately for me my radio is past the CODE screen and already in the ERR1 which indicates an incorrect radio code has been entered. After 3 or 4 tries the radio is useless...

I'm going back to the dealer with my serial number for the radio as they said they would give me my unlock code after I complained to them about it...

I'll see what happens... anyone here know how to get the code without wasting time or money out there...????

HTH someone out there...
Oh I did find the Honda Accord 1999 radio removal instructions.

Username: Hungso

US

Post Number: 2
Hey Sura,

I just disassembled my dash to extracted my Honda Radio to get the Serial Number off the label on the Radio.

After giving the number to the Honda Dealer he entered his code into their system and then popped out a code (5 digits)...

Warning to anyone with one of these newer radios with built-in security. Likely this is known but I will explain it as it was explained to me by the Honda Dealer.

1) you have 3-4 tries to enter the code or it will be dead.
2) it seems if you try the code less than the maximum times before it locks down you can reset the radio by removing power for 60 seconds which will reset it. Basically if you want it through the dealer here at least in the NY/US you will need the Serial Number off the label on the Radio and to bring in the vehicle... that's a bummer if you don't have the car anylonger... but that's how they keep it secure so not every person can get it....

The previous method for getting the serial number by pressing #1 + #6 then turning on the radio did not work for my radio from my 1999 Honda Accord. Not sure why but that's the case... I'm posting a photo on my Flickr account of my radio for keep sake and to tell my story... if interested drop on by - by Googling my name and Flickr... see yah and good much success everyone else...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us