Just a though

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 433
What would be a good switch from my 2 s10l7s kickers. I want something with a lot of bass since im use to it from those but i want sq also, so i guess im looking for sql (or what i think its called lol) I have a kicker KX 12001.1 and would like to switch subs that would work with that amp. And i have the pioneer premier 680.

Budget doesnt really since i still have time to save.... Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2412
do you want 2 subs or 1, for 2 subs i'd look into AA arsenal, fi ssd, si bm, re se, for single subs i'd look into AA havoc, fi q, si mag, re sx/mx/old xxx, crystal compx, to name a few.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 437
i ment just a thought for the title not though, damn that sounds dumb lol.

NEO it doesnt really matter if its 1 or 2 i just want to equal the bass i had with the kickers and have more SQ then the kickers have.

Do you think ill be able to get the same amount of bass from 1 sub as i had with my kickers, cuz thatd be good

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2414
hmmm well all the subs listed would murder the l7's in sq but spl i'd say it would be close, can you fit 15's or 12's or is 10 the biggest you can go, if it was me i'd go with one 15 in a nice ported box either AA havoc, si mag, or fi q would probally be my top 3 choices. but all of them are nice subs.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 438
ive had 2 12s in my trunk before, but a 15 might be pushing it. I guess if it was a small box but then that would take away from the sound wouldnt it

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 439
i have a 2000 nissan maxima, do you think i could fit a 15 in there?

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2415
if it did it would be tight as h3ll, and even then you would probally have to skimp on the box, so in this case i would go with a si mag 12 ported, because i hear that they do very well in small ported boxes, and that kicker amp would push it nicely, i'd say it would be close spl wise, but the mag will DOMINATE sq wise. you might even be able to fit the mag 15 in there if you could design a good box.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 442
cool thanks for the help NEO, do you have any links to where i could find the si mag, i really havent seen them around

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 483
contact kevin at lowhz. i think his email is lowhz01@yahoo.com
i talked to him when i almost got a mag and some other stuff but never did. hes a good guy and responds to the emails real quick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us