Does anyone have a setup like this?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 149
Does anyone have or heard either setup:

1 15" Setup OR 2 12" setup...in an SUV?

I should clear myself up a little, a GOOD or GREAT setup like this! I have two Premier 12s in my Explorer, sounds nice, but in my opinion not GOOD and damn sure not GREAT! lol Let me know something!!

Silver Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 232
i've got 1 15" in a truck...but that's not what you're lookin' for!!

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 656
DrSmith has 1 15 in his Tahoe. He said it sounds as loud as his 2 15 or 2 12 cvx's or cvr's. But he's not evening giving his subwoofer full power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
I need some kinda inspiration! lol Everybody I know with Explorers, Yukons, etc.. all have like 2 15's or more, but half don't sound like they were worth the money!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2009
i had a 15, but it was lonely do i got it a friend.lol

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2010
i had a 15, but it was lonely so i got it a friend.lol

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2410
i have 2 15's in my jeep, sounds great imo, although they are AA atlas's imo the best sq sub, but still most ppl like subs in suv's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7132
I had 1 15 avalanche and brahma in my Jeep, they both sounded rediculious:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
Hey Longo, have you had either metered yet?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3070
i had a 15 ava in my escalade and it was awesome. if they just never stopped makin them id have 2 15 avas.... i feel I'll be very happy with my mags though 8)

i heard 2 12L7s in a durango with 2000w rms each that was rediculously loud, although that lasted like a couple days and then they blew/ spiders riped in 2. haha. go solobarics!

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 402
I have 2 Arsenal 15's in my Jeep and they SLAM.
I'm very pleased man

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Hey Andrew, did you order your Arsenal's online, or did you get them from a dealer? By the way, what part of NC is "Rock Vegas"? I'm from Henderson

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2102
i have one 15" in my nissan Xterra
SUV of sum sort
subs up ports back:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
What kind of sub do you have DR, and have you had it metered yet?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3134
i've 2 15s on a civic 2000 sedan, only 200w rms each and it rattles some things and sound pretty good. They're not that loud cuz they're getting 200w rms only

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2106
i have 1 15" treo ssx
with 2400 rms which im upgrading to a higher amount :-O
and ive hit 144 even @ 49 hz and
141.9 playin music...lil john- da blow

all TL at dash legal

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1391
^^ you should run outlaw on the kick.. get you closer to that 150 you want :-) ..

no suv here but i run a single RE SX 15" in the jetta.. gets loud and maintains more SQ than people would think .

145.7dB TL outlaw @ 42hz .. bigger numbers soon as i put 1800wrms to it and retune to 40hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
Very tempting! So from what I'm hearing, it's better to spend more money in a GREAT single sub, than less money in 2 or more Average subs. Plus I guess the setup is a major part too. Hey DR, what's your cabin space for your Xterra? Do you have any pics?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1723
151 on TL with 2 12" Eclipe Titaniums on a Orion 2500D in a Grand Am SE. Lots of dynamat, and yes, windows up, etc.

The enclosure has a lot to do with it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
Ok Ok, I really think I'm going to replace my current setup REAL soon. Right now, after reading some reviews, I'm looking at the AudioQue SD2.5's. I honestly don't know what size I should go with though...12's or 15's, any thoughts for my Expo?

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
I wouldn't mind going for the HD3's, they're just not in my budget right now.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 665
Nothing was in my budget, but I said F! it and bought it anyways. Why, because I'll be happier in the long run =). Do it right the first time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
so those SD2.5's aren't a good choice?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7748
why wouldn't they be?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 666
No, their a good choice IMO. But if your going to buy subwoofers, make sure you know how much your going to spend on amps. Those subwoofers can take 1000rms each from what I was told. HD3's can take 3000rms. So it depends, do you have money to spend on a amp to push a hd3? Of course you can push it with 1000rms but I don't think you'll be satisfied with that much power since it can handle more. But without a doubt, 1 15 hd3 or 2 sd2.5's will do better than your pioneers thats if you give them the right enclosure and power.

IMO I would buy 1 15 HD3 with a 2000-2500rms amp, your pick. It'll be louder than your pioneers. If your happy, stay with 1. If your not, get another one and you'll be extra happy. But I'm sure 1 HD315 will be good in an explorer. Real good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
just asking! bernyMac said "Do it right the first time." like installing the SD's wouldn't be the "right" thing to do. Maybe I just took it wrong.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7749
just b/c they can take 1000wRMS doesn't mean they NEED it to get loud. lol

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 407
Ascendant only sells through their web site. I am from Rocky Mount man

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Thanks bM! Honestly though, I think I'll start off with the SD2.5's. If I start to really like the AQ line, I'll just throw those two in my Mazda MX-3, and then start to look at the HD3's. Thanks all for the ideas and stuff though.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 669
no no, I was most likely replying to the fact that you said the hd3 wasn't in your budget range. So what I mean't was, why not save up some more so they can be. But be prepared, you'll definitely need to spend a whole lot more. Get 1 hd3 and you'll be safe IMO. but if you get two your going to spend a lottttttttt of money. like me.

But, if the hd3's aren't in your budget range, then don't get them because you won't have much money to get a amp to power them. I think the aq sd2.5's will do you good.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

Warrenton/Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 106
hey man im from warren county..i didnt know anybody else around there messed with speakers that arent somethin cheap from ultrasound lol...thats why im going with DD 12s so i can shock people haha...we should meet up or ride sometime..there is also a competition in roanoake rapids december 17 if yall wanna get a group together and show em how we do it lol

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 671
Muddy - I'm aware that they don't need 1000rms to get loud. I'm sure they do fine at 800rms, and AQ says 500rms. But why say 500rms each and then have someone come tell me they can take 1000rms like I didn't know, and make me feel like a moron. So I mind as well state they can take 1000rms each, that is if he wanted to power them with that much power. Also I'm sure he has seen the specs on AQ site for the sd2.5's. He may or may of not have known they can take 1000rms each, instead of 500rms like AQ says. I was going to say something else but my brain f@rted :D. Just saying btw.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7751
you don't have to explain yourself to me man. i was just making it clear. lol :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us