I need help, man do I need help...

I have 2 (2002) kicker comp speakers...yes I am a cheap fool, and I have them in a small sealed box, I need to know what the best type of box for these speakers. Volume and size need not matter as I have a Jeep Cherokee. I will only be running 300 watts to both of the speaker...I need volume and speaker designs...can you help?
Thanks...

Derek
What is the exact model. I can calculate these for you.

Or look at the spec sheet and get the [Qts], [Vas] and [Fs] and I'll do the math.

I do not know the exact model...nor do I know the specs you are needing...
I have talked to a few people and they said anywhere from 2.0 cu ft to 3.0 cu ft would work nicely...
So I started tinkering around with this plan..tell me what you think
it is like virtual technologies boxes...the ones with the vent ports...
W 19.5" L 20" H 14" with a 4" wide vent port
that gives me a 2.25 cu ft net internal volume and 2.65 total internal volume including the vent space...and I figured in .1 cu ft for the speaker...tell me what you think?
Shawn

Derek
I can't say. No one can tell you what box will go with a particular driver without mesuring and calculating it. Here are some drivers and box sizes for Kicker Comps.

CompVR C15d-8 15" 12cuft
CompVR C12d-8 12" 5 cuft
CompVR C15d-4 15" 6 cuft
CompVR C18d-8 18" 6 cuft
CompVR C18d-4 18" 5 cuft
CompVR C12d-4 12" 2.5cuft
CompVR C10d-8 10" 1.7cuft
CompVR C10d-4 10" 1 cuft
CompVR C8d-4 8" .4cuft
CompVR C6.5d-8 6.5" .1cuft
CompVR C16.5d-46.5" .1cuft

Hope this helps.

Shawn T
hell anything can help and little can hurt right? I am not to technical about things right now, but maybe eventually I will get down and dirty, however right now I just wish to annoy a couple of neighbors, and typical fellow stoppers at red lights...I hit a mere 120db currently with my sealed small box, and i figure that I will be able to hit the lows that my amp intends for the speakers to hit....I hope a new box will hope a new box will help...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us