Installing crossover networks

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 710
So i bought a set of ADS components cs349's or somthing i forget..there at home tho, but they have 2 sets of inputs for each crossover network, one for woofer and one for tweeter so i was wondering, i believe each speaker is running at 4 ohms, so on the cross over input can i use that like it was the speaker itself, like each would be 4 ohms, and i put it in series to get 8ohms and only need one input for it then? I have a 2ch. kenwood 1000watt amp i was planning on using for these and what i thought is, if i can wire the crossover networks like that then i can get a 4 ohm load total with both sets ran togethor and run it on the amp in bridged mode at 4ohm. Sound like it should work? Is it a good idea to change the ohms on the crossover network will be working with? i dont want to ruin it.. if i ABSOLOUTLY NEED TO i will get a new 4ch. amp but i really dont want to if i can get by with this amp.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 425
READ THE MANUAL FOR THOSE SPKS.
The final load will be 4 ohms either way.
I am 99.9999999999% positive that there is a way to send the signal to woofers + and - only and get output to both, there should be some jumpers under the cover. Usually biampable x-overs (like yours) are factory set to run off a 2ch amp and not be bi-amped.
Or you could simply do a so called bi-wire:
+ on the amp to + tweet input AND + woofer input
- on the amp to - tweet input AND - woofer input
same on the other side.
"...put it in series..." LOL

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 712
lol thats sorta what i was meaning, but i havnt had much of a chance to check them out either, i seen a few switchs on the corssover but didnt look to see what they did but thanks for the input,"...Read the manual..." WHO EVER DOES THAT>!>!>!>! haha jp good idea but i will check it out when i goto install them, i just didnt wanna get to that point and be like Fu<k what do i do now? with my old mids and highs removed.. bumping ONLY bass until i would get it finished. haha

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 426
Please don't tell me that you are listening to your system without any comps, bass only LOL:-)

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 713
lol no

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 429
:-)

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 715
im trying to prevent it, i have 6x9;s and my 1.5" tweeters on the kenwood right now, i disconnected ALL stock speakers because i dont want any running from the HU because they were all blown sorta.. 2 of the 4 atleast. but either way i dont have much mid\highs at the moment.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 716
nvm everyone it is set in paralell already as deafult not biampable i figured it out after looking at it a little more.. im new to components... but i tested them and they sound great!!! thx maris

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 436
You're welcome:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us