What amp for Dynaudio 240GT's?

Bronze Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 16
Preferably under $300...350 is doable if it will make a big difference.

I need a two channel probably somewhere around 200-220 watts RMS to each side. I'm looking for something that's pretty good quality, but it doesn't need to be Zapco or anything like that. I like the new Boston amps but I can't find one that'll work for less than 350...the ones I would need are like 500. Just looking for good, clean power.

The only one i can think of so far is eD's 9.2X which I can get for 225, but I'm not sure how clean it runs?

Please help me!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
anyone help??

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 446
What is the voice coil config on your subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
240gt's are high end component speakers

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
Oh ok, i feel stupid now. I dont know anything about dynaudio. But anyway i didnt find much in that power range. Maybe a JBL PX600.2 but that would be 20 watts less than what your looking for and i dont know how much you could find them for. Another possibility would be a JL 300/2 but thats even less power and probably more expensive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
is eD pretty decent or only mediocre? if they're decent i'll just get theirs and be done with it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
They make good stuff but mostly people buy their stuff b/c the warranty is so good. But i would look into the xtant amps for sale a few threads down, perfect amp for what your looking for. And i dont know that guy so im not just tryin to sell his stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 421
This do do a very good job for the money:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=472

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 294
I've got a Crossfire TEK150.2 that should work great for those speaks. Its 150 per side rms but is closer to 200 when your car is running. Very nice SQ and a beautiful looking amp aswell. 2x9x15"
I'll ship it to you for $85.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1459
damnit maris beat me to it, id get the pg. theyre solid amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
talked to the guys over at woofersetc...they said the PG was discontinued and that only something extremely high quality like a cdt, zapco, or arc is gonna do the speakers justice...i think zapco's already out cause of the price....anyone got any other suggestions though?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1486
ebay?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us