Just metered 2 Phoenix Gold RSd 12's at 144.2dB

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3586
yep....we played them on an autotek 1000.1d @1ohm.

They were in a ~5cuft prebuilt box...lol (audio-enhancers, pretty nice box!)

The try we got 141.8dB w/ the subs on the back seat of a 03 dodge dakota. We played around w/ seat positions and got to 143.0dB. The we took the back seat out and played alil more...ended up w/ 144.2dB and quite playing w/ em.

Cory (owner) only has 8ga wire and a stock electrical system. His dad owns the shop I have been hanging around. He is going to upgrade his electrical to 1/0ga and such pretty soon, and i may be building him an SPL box.

All in all...those PG RSd's are surprising me. And those Audio-enhacer and Hooker prebuilt boxes are dam nice for prebuilt. The 12's in that AE box sounded really good down low and peaked at 49hz.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3587
BTW...this was outlaw style.

We got only 140.1dB legal.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2401
hey marshall, whats the difference between outlaw and legal mic position, cuase last weekend i got the atlas's metered and the mic was in the kick, is that legal or outlaw?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2079
legal-windows up doors closed
outlaw-windows down or doors open or both

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3588
that is outlaw.

Outlaw is meter anywhere forward of B-pillar w/ any doors/windows open. The passenger-side kick is the most common position.

legal is meter 4" up from dash and 12" over from A-pillar on windshield w/ all doors/windows closed.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2402
ohh i see, does it make much of a differnce if its in the drivers side or passenger side?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2322
marshall ur makin me to change my mind on the phoenix gold octanes r' z rated for the rsd's. but i think the rsd and octanes are the same motor juzz diferent basket and cone its the same juzz without the carbon fiber badge.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1361
check the ts parameters.. might be different
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us