Phoenix Gold Radials replacing the xenon line.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 413
I just found these new phoenix gold radial amplifiers. I guess they are replacing the xenon line. They are CEA rated. I found a 1200.1 on google. it does 1200 rms @ 2 ohms and it was under $400 dollars. just thought i would spread the word. I thought it was interesting.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3079
nice jesse..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1464
those amps look pretty ugly is you ask me. i love PG but i really wish they would have kept makeing the xenons. also the tantrums were great

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 416
I agree they're not too pretty. But they are CEA rated and if you can get them cheap, then it makes it worth it.
The tantrums, man, when you hold one of those and just by looking at it, its like you could feel its power..lol. I love all the old style, metal amps. Like the RF's, the old grey metal ones. I love those things. Those old RF's still sell for a pretty penny too.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9667
Sony is CEA rated...sooooo...thats not that big of a deal...remember a watt is a watt....they fucke.d up when they stopped making the xenons....those where some great amps

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 418
And I wasnt realizing either, that, the radials do not have the regulated power supply like the xenons. Seth just pointed that out in the other thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3094
that's a problem cuz their voltage is 14.4, so there's no way you can see more output from that amp.

I liked the unregulated power supply with the ratings at 12V. All amps were underrated lol!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2350
oh ur so worng people.

cea its juzz a big lie they dont even test the amps they juzz pay to have the name in cea why u think cea claims 1200 rms on the kicker kz1200.1 and kicker birtsheet says about 1600???

rsd replaciun rsd but xenon were better?? no u worn g people the new srd are way better than tantrums and xenon they still have same compoenets the new thing rsd have a bigger caps and an extra power supply to supply more power (if the xenon was underated this will be way underated) in other words rsd better than xenons. dont beilve me???

look here

se how the two amps are very similar??? the only think its that the new rsd have redesign board and they add biffier capacitors and a extra power supply

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2357
bump

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9675
"in other words rsd better than xenons. dont beilve me??? "

nope they both have there pros and cons....

but i would rather have a xenon...and so would everybody else besides u..lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4904
the signal to noise on the new phoenix gold rsd amps stinks .....take a look compared to the xenons....think the rsd was 85sn and the xenon was 100sn

Gold Member

Post Number: 4905
also if you count the caps in you pics the xenon has 8 and the rsd has 6 large ones....id bet its close

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 423
I wasn't aware that the human ear could actually hear the difference.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4906
also id assume not all caps are equal....i means theres a reson xenon specs out better on paper than the rsd

Gold Member

Post Number: 4907
well I think you can in terms of the total performance of the amplifier....I wouldnt buy an amp with a 85sn...i might as well buy a generic amp like a sherwood lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4908
think of it this way a set of good mb quartz might say the tweeters play up to 30 k which is above human hearing but what you hear is much sweeter to the ear where you can hear up to which is 20k

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 437
They guys how do the old PG Titanium amps compare to Xenons? Has anybody tried both?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3100
lilrob is crazy hehe, we know that already lol!

i'd pick the xenon cuz of the wiring options... if the Radial were way cheaper, like 150$ less than the xenon, then i'd say is a better choice, but i'd pick the xenon anyday!

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2358
the rsd have way bigger caps take a look the replaced the middle caps with some beefy caps plus they replace all of the small caps on the upperrightcorner with beefier caps and like a said they added a second power spupply.

yeah u right they both have pros and con. yeah teh xenon have the wiring capabilities and the rsd no. oh hey the trantrum are really good but i think u cant find them anymore.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3107
lilrob what about your setup with the pg subs, how is it going?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2359
i already juzz need to pay bu t the thing its that my credit card havent arrived i dont know why it has been 3 weeks and nothing and fakin b@stards say that they cant do nothing fak them. i need those speaker asap

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 446
lilrob,
How do the older PG Titanium amps compare to Xenons?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1487
maris, doubt he knows other then looking at the amp boards and guessing, but to answer your question the xenons put out the power at 1-4ohm and the tantrums 2-4ohms. the tantrums were really solid amps and had great cooling. along with the fact they were pretty underrated so out of the 1200.1 you could get 1450rms easy. also they were class T and the xenons are D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us