Question about quality

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1676
ive been told alot that a watt is a watt..and ive been around here for a while so i know what stuff is good, but for 4 channel amps, is "a watt still a watt" can a 4 channel amp with lets say 200 rms power produce better sound qulity than ano0ther brand with the same power.

im wondering because i kind of want to buy a 4 channel...and i want to buy the ED 4 channel to mathc my nine.1...but will it give me the sound quality that i could get from other amps??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1677
???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5687
Watt is a watt as long as you're comparing apples to apples. Sony/Pyramid/Pyle will use extreme examples to state their numbers. 1000w from Sony is around 220w rms. Therefore, you can't expect same quality as Zapco/JL.
If you have the time and opportunity, then find a high quality CD with lot of high instruments and play on Sony/Pyramid/Pyle first. Then using the same setup, ask for JL/Zapco amp with same power spec.
See if you can hear "SQ" difference.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1678
will an ED 4 channel have good SQ... would a JL be much better?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5689
Unless you have very high quality speakers/setup, I doubt you'd be able to hear a difference. If money is a problem stick to ED brand.
Do try the

Gold Member

Post Number: 1679
okay thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3056
blaine remember... an amplifier just amplifies a wave... The question is durability, the amp components, low THD, Functions....

There's no difference in output between a hifonics 1206d and a jl 1000/1, the quality is going to be the X factor...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1681
if i get a 4 channel...i want to get the top a/d/s component system...its the $600 pair thats on ebay for 140...

i hear they are very good...

if i get those, would it be a waste of a good speaker to run them with an ED 4 channel amp??

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 382
Well, just one note - there is quite a big difference between JL and Zapco:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7553
DLS!!!!! :-) lol

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 386
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3075
ED amps might not be that bad, just power them properly and you'll be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us