Budget 6x9 speakers?

Username: Coreyl

Post Number: 1
The rear stock speakers on my camry 96 recently blew. i'm looking to replace them with a pair of 6x9 speakers that sound decent for less than 100. I'm thinking of getting either the INFINITY 9612i REFERENCE or the POLK AUDIO DB690. Both have very good review. What would you guys recommmend? I have a 45x4w cd player.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 358
Well I hate oval spks in general, I would use an adapter plate and put in some 6.5's, however, if you really want to use 6x9's, hmm, I guess you could go either way with those choices, I would go with Infinity.

Post Number: 2
thanks for the suggestion... after doing some research i'm thinking of putting in the 6.5's as well. Should i just replace my front speakers with a nice pair of 6.5 and install a cheap pair of speakers for the rear? i don't really want to pay $15 for a pair of plastic plates (adapter).

Infinity Reference 6012si or Polk Audio db 650? whats the different between them?

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 362
OK, honestly, you don't even need any spks in the back, all you need is a nice set in the front, then later on you could add a sub or two in the back

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9514
i agree ^^^ - what u need is a good amped sub in the trunk .....

Post Number: 3
ok.. i think thats the route i'm going to take. 2 good front speakers and a sub. I have a kicker amp... any suggestion on a good budget sub?

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 375
Check out CDT subs on www.woofersetc.com, the CL series are absolutely one of the best for the money.

Post Number: 4
ok so i got a set of alpine ALPINE SPR-17LS component from ebay for 120 local pick up. will they run fine off my indash? or should i hook them up to my amp. I was thinking of saving my amp for a sub...possibly type R. its getting costly...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us