Chad: My box, my hd3's.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 616
Well it was nice to see you post a thread about me, never felt so important :D. Anyways, heres the update for you.

Back to the box, the box is glued, screw and all put together. To make a long story short, I had 2g's to payoff my CC, sister needed 1g and then other stuff happened so it left me with like 600 to pay off some stuff on my CC. I don't feel like buying anything until I pay some more off, this include fiberglass resin that I plan to use to coat the inside of the box. Also I need to buy raammat, alternator, and wires still, so yeah. I want to raammat my car before I proceed.

But to top things off the most, I'm Lazy.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6468
why did it get deleted though. damn man.

hahaha lazyness is awesome. lol.

yeah i can't wait til you get all your sh!t together. it will sound insane.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 617
indeed :D, I can't wait either. I work 56hrs a week plus I go to school. I work from 6pm to 6am thats why I'm up all night and in the forums. I get home tired, and I wake up at like 4 to 5, get up and come back to work. Its a pain that I don't have more time to work on my project. Days I get off, are the days I go to school. Thats not fun either. Plus I'm putting it on hold because my car alarm stopped working. It doesn't chirp anymore so I have to take it to the shop and have them reprogram it or see whats going on with it. If its dead, I mind as well upgrade to a better alarm system. I'll try to get some things done monday and tuesday, such as sanding the box down, and buying the 6x4 that I plan to use to lift the box up and mount the amps under the box. I'll try to get something done. But give me a little more time, I Know its taking awhile but time is limited.

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6472
post some progress pics when you have the chance. if i didn't work during the day time, i'd go there and help you on your box. lol.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 622
shoot that would be sweeeeeet. But I don't know if I want you too look at my box lmao. Its not pretty, literally.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 623
I just spend 4 hours or so sanding the edges of my box and making my amp rack, Just thought I keep you updated :-). By tomarrow I'll put the amp rack under the box, place the subs and amps so you have an idea of how things are :-).

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 381
about how many db can one of the hd3 15" get... if i had one i would put it in about 6 cu. ft and push it with about 1300 watts in a small hatchback

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6494
nice berny. now where are the progress pics?

what is the eta on when you are going to finish your stuff?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 628
.D. mines are in a total of 14cuft after sub displacement and port. So thats about 7cuft each.

Chad. Its hard to get a good estimate of when I'll be done, when I tell dc.smith of when I'll have it done, it keeps dragging on and on. But I will Guarantee that it'll be done before the end of next month. That is if everything goes okay with the Iraggi alternator and so forth.

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6500
damn man thats a long time. oh well. at least keep us updated with some progress pics.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 382
what size are the subs and have u gotten it metered... if you did was it the term lab? and how much did it hit?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1486
.D lol didnt you read this thread, he hasnt got any of it in

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 629
Well I guess I'll provide him with the Info. that they are 2 15's. Heres the last picture I posted long ago of the box just to show you how the box is. enjoy. I'll post the amp rack and the box (cleaned up) tomarrow.

Upload

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6502
berny i will be entering this competition. its next month.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=8965

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 630
OH yeah, thats like a city down from where I'm at. I'll be there! You better GO! I wanna see how them btl's are =).

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 631
Alright Chad, you got me in the mood to work on my box more and stuff like that, I sanded the excess glue off and shaved the outside corners, you won't be able to see the corners shaved as well, I'm using the camera on the phone, i always have. So enjoy everyone.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 632
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 392
whoa...i like it...very nice

:-)makes me wanna do something like that...

looks great keep posting pics...cant wait to see the final product:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 835
Thats aweomse dude! Keep up the good work!

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1510
oooo yummmmmmyyyyy

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 633
Alright guys, heres a few more pictures that my phone wasn't able to upload to my account. The amps are positioned differently this time and I took a picture of the amp racked slided back under the box. And yes theres a picture of me also, I know i know, i look secksy. jk. Enjoy

bb6.jpg
bb7.jpg
bb8.jpg

Also I'm 6'1 to give you an idea how big the box is.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 634
Didn't bump. =).

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 93
where are yiu runnin the wires? do you think that box is big enough?lol wow

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 640
The wires are going to runned under the amp rack and zip tied. But most likely I will have to see once I decided which way to place the amps. Vertical or horizontal. Chad interested me to go to a db drag, so I'm trying to get this done by november 12th now.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1525
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6516
awesome man. nice pics. its going to be wild at the comp. berny as good as those subs look, i will show you a pair of "real men's" subs. lol.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1528
you bought FI...., where do you plan on finding a pair of real mens subs lol

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 644
aww thats wrong Chad =(. we'll I just asked for the day off on the date of the db drag, so I'll see you there. Lets, let our subs do the talking =). Although, I probaly won't be able to play my subs with their full potential since they won't be fully broken in. Plus I don't want to blow anything.

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6517
cool. i am just messing around doktah. don't take it too personally. GEEZZZ. lol.

day off berny? you work on sundays too? damn man take a break. you deserve it.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 646
yeah, thats why I'm taking the day off, actually after the comp I might go to sleep and then go back to work. Not sure so I'll wait and see. If you don't mind, you wanna help me tune my system or teach me a lil something something? Would be appreciated =). Thanks mang.

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6521
i am new to this competition stuff and metering the car. i will use this comp to see what i can do to improve the spl in my car. i need to know what i hit first though. after we both meter our cars in the comp, maybe we can come up with ideas to improve spl. i see 150+ db in our future. lol.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 649
It will be such a disgrace is a 1 15 or 1 12 hits a higher db than us. UHH, but lets hope for the best!

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1543
dont be dissapointed if that 1 12" is a 9900 or 99z lol, that would be a worthy adversary to lose to haha

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9535
suppose a guy steps up with some PA mofos or some nice red pyramid subs & make u both sh!t ur pants - LOL !!!!!!!.........

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6560
if that happens rovin, i give up. i will put my stock stereo and speakers back in my car.

so berny did you do some more work on your car? time is running out man.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 363
PA mofos.... there was some post on here and a guy really hit 150 with a pair of those, with a TL.
im sure they sounded like SHIZ though

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2098
berny u look ur bout to f*ck some one yup

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 661
LMAO. I didn't mean to put such a straight face like I was gonna mess someone up. And Chad - thats as far as I got. I ordered my Iraggi Alt last night and I was planning on ordering my power wire but I wasn't sure. Also didn't know which fuse holders/dist blocks to go with. Theres one deal on ebay so I might buy those. When I go to that comp, I won't have my car sound deadened so yeah. After the comp I intend to take everything out and sound deaden it.

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6566
yeah berny why do you look so serious in that pic? did the box not come out like the way you like it? just playing man. lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us