OT - Modding Amps?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 357
Well I tried this one in the Amp forum, and got nothing, so to here it will move...

Now to the question, so how could I modify my amp to run at 1ohm and push twice the wattage, when it runs at a 2ohm factory minimum? There has to be a shop you can take it to, correct?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 613
Pretty much yes, its been done before.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2307
yesh theres a shop on the internet but i forgot all u have to do its install bigger mosfets, bigger caps, and if u want the ultimate change the power supply

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 359
Anybody know a site?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1065
Google
Some mods only remove the protection curcuits allowing it to run at a lower ohm. It will work for a while, but with out ^^^ caps, mofits, PS, it will cook.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1356
anybody got a link? i'd like to change the power/ground inputs to accept 1/0 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1738
It is cheaper to replace the amp, I have my shop set up for repairs and have been learning for the past two years as a hobby. You cannot just bipass the protection ciruit, it will eventually fail. The biggest reason being is the pathways are designed for a certain amount of power transfer overwhelm them and they begin to burn. Theoretically anything is possible but you may need to change the primary power supply winding the large torroidial transformer you see when you remove the cover, the powersupply fets, the output fets the pathways will need to be reinforced, a lot of work, lol. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 394
Polo is right,
It's like you will have to build it all yourself, hmm, well there is a plus - it will be hand made, but in reality - it is cheaper to simply buy a more powerful amp:-)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1408
lilrob i thought you said you got this done?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9517
polo is right it'll work but the amp's lifespan will be significantly shortened - go read it on

www.bcae1.com

i remember seeing wire gauge adapters u can buy like if u have 0g wire that u want 2 plug into ur amp 4g terminals it will make it fit .........

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1360
can't use them due to space limitations.. but ima just use some battery termial posts for side mount so i can mount my wire at a 90 degree angle to the amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us