Which is better

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1278
Are Coxials or Component speakers better?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

You can do itUSA

Post Number: 6444
components

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1279
whats the difference?

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6446
coaxials have the tweeters built in to the speaker where as the components are separate and comes with a xover.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1280
how do u hook them up to an amp do u have to re run the wires to the speakers? and if u have two amps what do u hook the speaker amp to, like the pre outs instead of the sub woofer out? and 1 last question how do u hook up the xover?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1281
and can u recomend a good component set to go with an ed nine.2x that is around 100-250 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2286
do you want for the front and back or only for the front

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1282
im only gunna do front? im not gunna worry bout rear fill cause my sub will do that..should i disconect the rear speakers so it doesnt interfear with the sub?

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6449
yeah you don't need rearfills. i took mine out.

for under $200 you can get some nice infinitys or some jl audio xr650. you would have to redo the wires to accomodate your new speakers. they aren't hard to do. also you would use the front preout of your hu to the speaker amps.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2287
well u can get a front components and coaxials back it will nto interfier if u have your croossover set to the right hz. if u add a coaxial will sound much better, components back and fornt will sounds superb. but yeahwill cost u more.

for example a good set up will be phoenix gold xenon components front and octanes r in the back. u will be spending around 200 for both components and will sound superb. i have the octanes and my friend have the xenon and wow they sounds better than the cdt's calssics and beter than infinitys references and smoother than kappas.

for example if u get these two components u will have to set your 4 ch amp like these::

front compononets will hvae to cut off at around 80hz
rear components will have to cut off at 100hz to 130hz
and your sub amp u will have to make it cut off your sub at 80hz or lower.

withthese set up like i said u will have superb results u can achive more sq if u get a bass maxx procesor and put it between the front channel, it will make your 6.5 speakerd sound like 10's iwtout loossin sq or midbass,

front http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PAIR-PHOENIX-GOLD-X5-0-5-25-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ 250039778341QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14941QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250039778341

back http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-r5-0comp-5-25-5-1-4-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS_W0QQ itemZ270043971490QQihZ017QQcategoryZ14941QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270043971 490

but hey those are the regular octanes r^^^^^, if u can spend 10 bucks more ull get a silk tweeter a better crossover like i said i have the octanes r z rated and they sound superb
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-ZR6-5COMP-6-5-CAR-COMPONENT-AUDIO-SPEAKERS_W0QQ itemZ270043527531QQihZ017QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270043527 531

dont thinkg because of phoenix gold are cheaper they sounds like crap its viceversa they sounds really nice u know phoenix gold its all abotu sq and built quiality.

u can get a amp 4 ch phoenix gold to go with these speakers if u want.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2288
yeah witout rear fill sounds good but sometimes feels uncomplete. but if u add a component or some good coaxials in the back u will notice the diference it will sounds richier and fuller trsut me

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6450
well for me my car is a coupe so it has a rather small cabin. just having the front speakers is more than enough. my friends expedition does sound incomplete without rear speakers.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1284
what did u use to fill the spots were the speakers were? and what do u hook the tweeters up to?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2291
yeah plus if u add a components in the back ( im gonan do that in a few months) u will have a like 3-d enviroment or sourround that sounds really good, if u have the time aligment if u can set it up correctly with rear fill DUDE it sounds amazing man i did that and im in love with my mids and highs on my front components and rear fill coaxials

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1286
are these the ones ur talking about? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4605&C FID=2379533&CFTOKEN=fb9554c4d7fb5a03-730F2176-1422-7C6E-5008936CEECAA1EE

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2292
yeha i used to have them in my neon that i juzz sold for my fronts wow they sounds really good the silk tweeter its amazin and midbass wow and it cost way less that mb quarts and kappas and those sound better.

get those components man but look for the xenon and put the octanes back and xenon front and ur gonna have your car as your home theater

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2293
get them from ebay, ull get them cheaper, for 50bucks incomparison from woofersetc for 88.
plus if u get them from ebay u can get the xenons for the front and octanes for the back

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2294
yeah i have the speakers where the stocks speakers where i juzz put the tweeters in the doors but on top of the midbass they come with instructions and the base to put them. if u get the phoenix gold theres a switch inside the crossover to make the tweeter sounds louder or quieter. but becarful to open the crossover its alil tricky.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1287
i dont use ebay. but should i put coxials in the back or put the phoenix components in back?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1288
are these the xeonons u were talking aobut? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12999

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2297
no those are the ol skool tantrums those are really good too but its better the xenons, go to the link that i gave u.

or look directly at phoenix gold website http://phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonspeakers.html

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1348
is it me or did lilrob turn into a pheonix gold rep :-)

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 349
bwahahaha!

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2301
well i like phoenix gold i have phoenix gold 4 channel amp and components. and dude i like them so much. plus im gonna turn my truck in to a phoenix gold truck yup, all will be phoenix gold except for subs amps and headunits.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1349
why not that sub amps? if your going that far might as well do the amps too :-) ..

you may look into some diamond components.. they sound great and you can find some pretty decent deals for them on the net

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2303
i already have diamonds components but im replacing them with xenons they sound alot more musical.

and amps?? i only have a 200 amps alternator, my only option its 2 phoenix gold xenon 1200.1 but it will draw more current than a single hifonics bxi2006d that i already own but yeah less watts. i let u see my amp for the components. plus for 6's octanes zr's i will need around 1900 rms and the hifonics will provide that. plus i dont have unlimited budget.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2304
look at the very end of the video ull see the phoenix gold and the hifonics

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6454
those phoenix aren't as good as you claim lilrob. i've heard those along with some kicker components. they sound same to me. the jl xr series sound way better.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2306
yes the jl audio sound way better i know heard the jl's but hey bor ur comparing a 300 dollars patented components vs 100 well build components u do the mat

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6456
i was talking about the jl xr series. if you pay 300 for those then you are getting ripped. you can find those for around 180. i rather pay the extra hundred and get something that sounds much better.

i am not trying to argue with you here so i don't need your smartazz remarks lilrob.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2308
oh yeah my bad yeah u can find them for 180 shipped but hey bro the xenon are 100 shipped and will sound similar but on the highs the xr will be alil better.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1289
i would get infinitys but they came stock in my car and they are all blown and i didnt even play my music that loud and that was on the factory hu with no bass boost or anything..made me mad

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1352
side by side .. diamond sound better than pg .. perhaps it might be the other way around if you compare the lower end diamond with the high end pg

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9645
Crystal SSCS's are 150 and sound better then everything mentioned so far

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 282
If your head unit wont correct for time? dont waste anytime with rear fill.
And the reason comps are better than coax is because with coax they use a really simple cross over but with comps the cross is external and will have room for better and more electronics, to cross the comps better.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1290
should i get a 4 channel amp and amp all speakers or get a 2 channel and just amp the front and run the rear of my hu?

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1355
i got rid of the rear fill in my silerado.. there was no way i'd hear two 4x6s over two re sx 15s lol..

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 283
Here's what I found in three mins.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2457

and for killer sound(I've installed to pairs and both folks were tickled pink, look at these's :
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1078

Benny.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1291
ya thats too expensive for me the boston accoustics. cause im thinkin of just not havin rear fill and runnin an ed nine.2x. What is a good pair of components for around 100-200 bucks? and were do u mount the crossover?

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 284
For rear fill, one would normally use a coax.

Something like this would be nice : http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=991

B

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 285
If you could swing a little more? these are badAzz : http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=905

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1292
im gunna forget the rearfill. were do u mount the crossover? and what would be a good set of components for the ed nine.2x?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1293
bump?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1295
anyone?

Gold Member