Kenwood

Bronze Member
Username: Sk8erjim

Scottsmoor, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 44
has anyone ever had this kenwood a,p? how are they?http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KENWOOD-KAC-9152D-MONO-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-AMP-CH_W0QQitem Z9743500949QQihZ008QQcategoryZ79828QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4818
Trash. :D

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3071
forget about kenwood man, bad power supplies

Username: Bobid77

Post Number: 6
I have a Kenwood KAC-X812D and it is really powerful, the only problem is it draws a ton of Amps compared to other amps with the same Watt value, it dims my lights like crazy where other amps such as Boss wont

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9690
^LLOOLL...the kenwood is not that powerful...ur lights dim because u dont have the electrical system to power it..

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 158
dont get kenwood amps

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 447
Doug,
maybe it draws a lot of amps because is very inefficient, lol? Or maybe the stuff that you compare it to is total crap?
Zapco C2K 6.0 - 3x30amp fuses, 2x150w@4ohm stereo, 1ohm stereo stable, THAT is what you can call - drawing some current:-)
Fak Kenwood:-)
And what is Boss anyway? LOL:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3119
IDK why they don't give Car audio tutorials at highschool, that should be a good class. Damn too many newbies talking trash

Post Number: 8
My Kenwood has very good sound, but it dims my lights like crazy compared to the Boss Audio GT1500D, I know it draws a lot more current and i KNOW my alternator cant kick it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3125
both sucks bro, end of the story

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Which Amp would be good for 500 watts RMS at affordable prices?

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 40
JL E1400d has good power and you can find it for cheap on ebay

Gold Member

Post Number: 3139
DOUG JL 500/1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
JL 500/1 all up thats what i want to upgrade to but still got 1.5years left on e1400d warrenty

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 150
yea my lights dim to and i have a 9201d kenwood amp its not that loud but i guess its ok.. i have heard way loudewr but anyway why do my lights dim i know its something with the volts or something .. if i were to get a better amp like a hifonics amp would it fri my alt plz let me know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
If you buy a less expensive amp, the amperage draw will be less and wont dim your lights no where near as bad. My friend has a Boss audio amp that has a smaller amperage rating than my Kenwood and our rms watts are the same. Are cars are identical and his lights dont dim but mine do. From what everyone says here Kenwood sucks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
get a capacitor for it and your lights will stop diming I got a power acoustik 2 farad cap that will stop it for $60 if your interested. plus it lights up and shows you the voltage.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I recently installed a 2.4 Farad Cap and it made no difference what so ever in the lights dimming

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
get an optima battery then or upgrade your altenator. btw what farad cap do you got

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Legacy 2.4 Farad

Gold Member

Post Number: 3176
forget about legacy

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 486
Less expensive junk like boss and legacy doesnt dim lights b/c they dont put out anywhere near the power they claim, therefore less current draw. And for the price you can buy kenwood on ebay for it isnt terrible. I have seen a few bench tested and they were actually putting out what they were supposed to. I dont remember the models though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
That makes sense, ill keep my Kenwood, I honestly like it, it has very clean power. I would like to buy a H/O alternator, but i dont see how they can fix the problem, Are they fast enough to react to produce the current when the amp needs it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3181
they put more amperes to your ride, for electrical system and all those stuffs.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2180
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us