Series or parallel???

Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 10
Ok I got 3 7500 12" Mtx subs and was wondering what would be better powering them series or parallel and what would be the outcome difference of the two?

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 394
parallel wires them down like DVC 4 ohm sub will be 2 ohm load and a 4 DVC wired in series would be a 8 ohm load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Well its a DVC 4ohm and was woundering what would sound better. I know that series is 8 ohm and parallel is 2 ohm but I don't know what will be the best in tearms of SQ and SPL theres three of em' so I think SPL has been coverd but I would think the more resistance would meen better quality rather than lower resistance

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 213
We'd need to know what your amp is capable of, what is the ratings? chances are your best option is on each sub series the coils to give you 8 ohms per sub then parallel each sub. that would give you a final load of 2.66666 ohms. check out http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161 and scroll down to 3 drivers dvc series parallel

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 353
Yeah if your final load were to be 8 ohms, you would need an amp the size of your trunk:-)
Bryn is right, most likely you are looking at the final load of 2.66.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I already know about JL audio's web site thats what started my question whats the best way to wire it parellel at .65ohms or series at 2.67ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3079
what amp are you running?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us