SSX 15" vs. SSX 18"

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 363
On the same power, in the right box, how much of a difference could it be?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2266
dude are u serious?? the 19 inch will be loduer juzz because of the cone area. and the diference of cone are its usually 1.5db to upto 3 db's. the 15 and 18 its the same motor juzz a bigger cone no big diference ur probably will be gettin 1.5db to step up to the 18 inch from the 15 inch. chose the best speaker that can let u have some room for a good ported box. plus alil more space to make sure the speaker isn sofocating

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
Am I serious? I was just asking how much of a difference it would make. Obviously the 18" has more cone area and will be louder, I just wasn't sure on how much louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
didn't bump

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1729
On the same power in the right enclosures the 18 will be louder by a good margin, safe to say 1-1.5dbs. Now with that said the 15 and the 18s use the same motor and with the 18 the SQ will suffer a bit due to the increased surface area resistance/weight compared to the 15. This has long been known that is why lots of peeps prefer 15s over 18s. Like in the days of racing there was a saying "there is no substitute for cubic inches" I believe that also BUT it is also how it revs. JMHO Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 436
I just installed a 18" Treo in my friends "Lade, it is noticeably louder than one 15 in a simlar SUV.

We should mic it and see just what she's doing with 1000w@36hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us