TREO ssx vs 2005 RE XXX

Username: Gaige99

Post Number: 1
Hey guys i'm new to this forum but i've been reading on it and you all seem to know your stuff so i figured i'd get some opinions. i am either going to do 2 12" xxx or 2 15" treo ssx i just need to know if anyone can compare the two performance wise

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7477
no contest in my opinion.
the SSX isn't exactly an efficient driver, but it will definitely move with 500-1500wRMS under its RMS rating...the XXX takes well over 2000wRMS closer to 3-3.5 for it ro reach max excursion. that and it costs about 1.5 times as much as a SSX.

Post Number: 5
so you think the treos would be louder if i was to put about 2000 watts per sub in either case. also what about sq i keep hearing how nice the xxx's sound but i havn't heard much about the ssx

Post Number: 6
so you think the treos would be louder if i was to put about 2000 watts per sub in either case. also what about sq i keep hearing how nice the xxx's sound but i havn't heard much about the ssx

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7486
this is what i have read and recollected.(b/c i have heard the SSX's and have not heard the XXX's)

in the RE lineup, the MX has better SQ than the XXX, that is a given though, look at the damn Xmax of the XXX, not exactly SQ oriented. The SSX is one of the cleanest drivers i have heard with that much power, that was what they were made to do believe it or not.:-)

if oyu are more worried about SQ than loud(although you will be running a LOT of power) i would look at the MX instead if you plan on running RE subs. also, they have a 4" coil whereas the XXX has a 3" and they also have a Neo Magnet.:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7487
amd they also don't cost as much as the "highly touted" XXX.....

Post Number: 7
lol are you talking about the new "54mm one way" xxx or the older xbl^2 motor.. i am looking at the older 2005 model. that would cost me less than the mx

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7489
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well then, you have thrown a wrench in my spokes!
and if that isn't bad enough, the sub is in the thread title........wow, back to my corner....lol

ok, if i had to pick between the SSX and the XXX, i would take the XXX. simply b/c i have heard the 05 XXX's and they sound MAGNIFICENT, also, they are more on the SQ/L side of the spectrum as well.

if i had to takea swing at it, i would say the SSX will get louder. but i would take the XXX...those things are a collectors item nowadays. lol

Post Number: 8
awesome thats what i needed to hear.. is there really that much of a difference do you think in the spl side of the spectrum because i am getting to the point where i want it to sound good with all kinds of music but i still like to go after it some times and i don't like being shown up lol.. i had two tsx 15"s but one was destroyed by a flying lawn chair so i decided to revamp the whole thing and i wouldn't mind a step up in the sq and spl departments

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7490
dont get me wrong. the XXX's get loud, heard a 15" in a Jeep Cherokee that hurt my ears. lol

they sound really good though, b/c of that motor topology

TSX's get loud on doubt, they will handle double their RMS rating. but i don't think the SQ compares to that of the XXX. :-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7491
no doubt****

Post Number: 9
ok cool just needed reassurance that the xxx's wouldn't let me down as far as being loud b/c at this point i am having a hard time deciding between the xxx and ssx and i need to make a decision today

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 622
Can't go wrong with the...Upload

Post Number: 10
lol i like that! what do you think about the ssx

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7494
even IF they arent loud enough, don't EVER get rid of them, one day, they will be worth a LOOOOOT of money of they are still in good condition.:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7495
they were all the craze before RE got bought out and raised their prices.......everybody wanted one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
awesome this is true... i guess i just don't want to end up wishing i had gone the other route but if the xxx has better sq than the ssx and is atleast close to the spl then im all in

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7498
how much can you get each for??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
with shiping prob 800 ish for the xxx's and probably closer to 1000-1200 for the ssx's

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7502
hmmmmm....

i would still go with the XXX's...they are nice, but i don't think they will get as loud as the SSX's.

but they will still get plenty loud.

NEW OPTION!!!!

you could get these for for $518 shipped - 12"s
or the same model in 15"s for $558 shipped!!!!

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=15453b988bce5f8/shopdata/0020_Q/product_overview.shopscript

the same guy who built the 05 XXX builds these subs, he left RE and started is own company called Fi Car Audio.

he guarantees they are louder than the 05 XXX's while retaining the Same SQ.

and they are MUCH cheaper than either of your previous setups.:-):-):-):-):-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7503
aahhhhh fack...try this
www.ficaraudio.com

and go to speakers and then Q.:-)

the BTL is an SPL sub, so don't ask. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
wow thats new do you have any experience with these or know anybody with experience i could do three of these twelves for close to the same price as the xxx's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
so you think the fi q over the xxx or ssx. what kind of load would 3 dual 2 ohm subs work at

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 431
2 15" treo ssx's would walk all over 2 12" XXX's.

Cone area ftw.

At under 600 a piece, i dont consider them that pricey either.

Yes, i have actually owned both.

*shrugs* w/e

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
how do they compare sq wise.. and do you know anything about these fi car audio subs

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1408
the Q are supposed to compare to the 05xxx but be better.

although with the 05xxx iv read alot they dont do well about 60hz at all but the Q will start to roll of at 90hz

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1726
I have heard the 15" XXX (05) they are loud as hell pretty clean but the SSX 15.22 is just an awesome sub. The Treos are just sooo clean and smooth not to mention they hit sooo hard. The SSX on 1500 rms is just great but double it and you will fall in love. The XXX sounds great don't get me wrong but if have listened to a Treo first it would ruin the experience! One SSX is plenty for me even though I am looking to add a second but they will both need to be in a sealed enclosure to fit. Hope this helps...Polo. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yeah thank so you do think the ssx sounds better than the xxx as well as being louder?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1730
Depends which you hear first!:-O

PS- Ya Treos SQ is awesome. Polo..

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7506
i would go with the Q's and save my wallet personally

2 15" Q's FTW.:-)