Hifonics,Jbl,Mtx to power 3 Mtx 12"7500???

Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 1
I don't know what one will power all three subs(12" mtx 7500) for the best out come, but here is what I have come up with so far. I got the origal price from sonicelectroix.com and then added shipping and tax hints the / on the price but anyway here they are

MtX Audio TA81001
1000@2ohm,1500@1ohm
Price: $520/579
ebay: $461

Hifonics BXi 1606D
1100@2ohm,1600@1ohm
Price: $280/320
ebay: $300

Hifonics Bxi 2006D
1300@20hm,2000@1ohm
Price: $340/386
ebay: $368

Jbl GTO1201.1 II
1114@2ohm
Price: $320/362
ebay: $315

Which one according to power and price would be the best one I'm open to any other amp that you would have in mind to.

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 123
the TA81001 is good for them, i have one TA81001 powering 4 12" 7500, and it is very nice, that amp is underrated.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3039
what you need to tell us is the DVC config on those subs.

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 270
I got the hifonics 1606D
very nice amp I like it...it aint all recommended power but it has alot!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3042
Bro if you got the dual 4 ohm version then you're screwed, there's noway you will power those subs properly

Post Number: 2
Its a dual 4 ohm. But I disagree on powering them I should be able to put an 8ohm load to each woofer and I would just take 8 and divide it buy 3 to get 2.66 so as long as I have an amp that can handle 2.66ohms I should be fine right?

Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 6
I'd say get the amp that's stable to the lowest ohms. Hifonics titans are good. I have a 1500w that handles anything.

MA Audio also makes some quality amps with lots of features for low $$.
My 401sx has a voltage guage and thermometer, cooling fan built in, stable to and puts out 1800w @ 1 ohm,
best amp I've ever owned. Same features by rockfor would be a couple grand. I got it for $220 on ebay.

...It all Depends on what you're going to do with it.

Post Number: 6
well I Just want Super Loud bass.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9495
those r 400wrms a piece right ?

u wire it up like this

Upload

of ur choices listed i would get this
Hifonics Bxi 2006D
1300@20hm,2000@1ohm
Price: $340/386
ebay: $368 .........

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 22
I think ROVIN got it right ,thats a real good amp, A lot of ppl say that the hifonics amps only do 80% of what they are rated, I have the bxi 1206d with 2 cvr 12 and they dump.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3057
if i were you i'd get clarion DX11500, or kicker zx 1500.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
what do you think of this setup

Upload

The amp is a Kicker kx1500

Gold Member

Post Number: 3140
why not a ZX 2500.1???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
cause it cost alot was also considering a hifonics amp like a Hifonics XX-Hercules or a Hifonics BXi 2006D btw what is the difference between the two hifonics there specs are the same

Gold Member

Post Number: 3149
Bro, why 3 MTX subs, just get 2 and use a 1 ohm stable amp... Messing with 3 subs is not easy because of the ohm load, then you need to buy a more powerful amp just to push 1k, that's a problem and also remember impedance rise, if you create a 2.66 load, imagine that.

But in the case of the ZX 1500, you can go for it, the amp is underrated but IDK how many watts will put with a 2.66 load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
yo I already got the subs and a fiberglass box. a 2.66 ohm load is nothin for a hifonics amp its 1 ohm stable. the subs are 400watts apeice so an amp pushing 1200@2 ohms is perfect plus you got the back up of 1ohm stable

Gold Member

Post Number: 3152
kyle, it doesn't matter if your amp is 1 ohm stable, what you need is an amp putting the highest Rms at 2 ohms to push those subs, the hifo is going to underpower them.

A kicker Zx 1500 would be the best choice, or a PG xenon 1200.1

But not the hifonics, even a PA a3000DB could push those subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
ok so which one of the three you listed would be the best? and how does an MtX Audio TA81001 rate? just tell me what would be the best amp

Bronze Member
Username: Avirex64

Vallejo, CA United States

Post Number: 98
I got a hifonics Bxi 2006D for sale, barely used for about 2 weeks. Im tryin to get $280 for it. Its in excellent condition. Had to upgrade. Let me know if interested

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
ok I'll think about it as soon as I'm sure what I want. kind of confused right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Avirex64

Vallejo, CA United States

Post Number: 99
alrite jus let me know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
what about a Alphasonik PMA800HCA or a Alphasonik PMA1000DA.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php?show_thumbnails=1&show_description=1& id=23&car_only=&page=1&manufacturer=98&new_page=1

Gold Member

Post Number: 3165
forget about alphasonik. Get the mtx or the ZX 1500 and you'll be fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3166
sorry, get the ZX i just read the mtx is only 1000w rms at 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
ok.

I was reading the manual for the zx on there web site and it recomends two batteries. do I realy need two? or will an ugraded altenator and an optima battery work just as well. also I heard the yellow top battery won't start your vehicle (heard if from the interstate battery guy) but the red top will. so will there be a big difference between the red and the yellow

Gold Member

Post Number: 3171
RED= bumping with the car on mostly.
Yellow= bumping with the car off, these ones can bump with a 80% discharge status. If you're one of those guys bumping with the trunk open in a corner, then get a yellow top, but if you just like bumping the car while driving, i'd suggest a red top.

They tell you about two batteries cuz in case you drain your "music" battery with an isolator it would let your main battery to turn on the car and do other functions like turning the lights on and all those stuffs. But if you drain your battery, then you're f*cked up and will need some help hehehe lol!

Get a red top in the front and a yellow in the back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
but do i need two batteries if i got a high amp altenator and a red top battery

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 14
...If this thread is still alive,
a kicker Zx 1500 is gonna cost what, like $900, right?

IMO, A hifonics titan will put out approximately the same wattage for a fraction of the price.
Talking like $250 for a solid 1500w 1 0hm stable titan.
That's how I'd go unless I knew a kicker dealer or something.

Julio, you just don't like hifonics?
Don't think their new stuff holds up to their old, or what?

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 124
Kyle the TA 81001 is a very underated Amp, they are rated 500wrms @ 4ohm, 1000wrms @ 2ohm and 1500wrms @ 1ohm. mine put(birthsheet) 792wrms @4 ohm, 1493wrms @ 2ohm and 1958wrms @ 1ohm, so one TA 81001 will be more than enought for your 3 7500's, plus the 7500 can sound nice with less power. like a said before i have 4 of the 7500 12" svc wired at 1 ohm on a TA81001 and it's hit very hard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
the kicker zx1500 is $440 and the mtx is $520 aprox. I would prefer the mtx simply to keep it all the same. buy we'll see. when it comes time to buy. thanks for your help though. I'll let you know what i come to in about a week or so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us