Ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 142
Just need some ideas for a 2002 Kia Spectra install. It's for my wifey, she has the hatchback version. Anyway, she wants a cd player with "pretty pictures" and "SOME knock, but not a WHOLE LOTTA knock!" She says my two Premiers are TOO loud for her. These are her words! lol Her front door speakers are already blown, so I'll probably install some of those soon, but the CD player and subs will be probably for christmas! I was thinking two tens should be pretty good! Tell me what ya think.

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 76
yea depends on what kinda music shes into

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
She's mostly into Pop and R&B, she listens to some rap, well whenever shes's in my car she has no choice! lol

Here we are listening to some Natasha Beddingfield in HER car!
Upload

This is her car:

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3053
what about 1 12 in a sealed box, on a 5 channel amp and some nice doore speakers and maybe like the pioneer deh-p780, i would go with the kicker 5 channel, comp vr 12 in sealed box all this can be found reasonably cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1396
id definatly go with the last set up that i had. a PG x400.1 and an AA assassin 12 sealed it sounded great and gave some good bass.

as for speakers what size are you looking for and component or coaxil? alpine type s coax are supposed to be decent ran off a head unit if you dont want to amp your speakers. although id reccomend amping them

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 603
Like everyone says 1 12 would be nice or two 10's. Don't know how much you are willing to spend, but say 200 for speakers, two 10in type R's would be nice on a 800watt amp of your choice. For a budget amp, look at the hifonics amp unless you have an amp already. And with around 400 to 500 watts, the internal amp from the HU should be enough to power the door speakers where it is loud enough. my .2 cents.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 604
when I said 400 to 500 watts, thats if you do a 1 sub setup.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2046
i'd say buy my xenon 400.1:-) and i think it's james longo thats selling a 12w6. that'd be a nice one sub setup.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Thanks, for those ideas. Hey MAC, as far as those type R's, I've actually heard 3 of them in a Honda Accord...they way those lil things were pounding, I know the misses wouldn't enjoy that too much. I have 1 Kicker CVR 12 just laying around, I know that one got loud in my Mazda MX-3 and she didn't like riding in the car AT all with me and I only had a 200 watt Alpine amp on it! I think I should just get her some really strong door speakers, so it'll seem like she has a sub or two!

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 326
you can add midbass speakers to the back doors, dynomat those 2 doors for sure...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 329
pfff, nevermind, its 2 door... 1 10" sealed and a small amp would be cheap... aa assassins are nice...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7482
i would just get a Assassin and put in in 1 cube sealed with 200wRMS..done, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand done:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
lol, sounds good muddy! Hey Tremor, it's a 4 door so that could work too. I guess I'll try the midbass speakers first, see how she likes it and if she wants a lil more...I'll go with the 10" assassin!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us