Wiring Question

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 62
So i have 2 total subwoofers(total mobile audio)...anyways..i sent one in because the tensil wire came loose. They sent me a Brand new total sub. The thing is..the old ones were Single Voice coil...and the new on is Dual voice coil. The guy at the store told me to wire them at a 4 ohm load. But the thing is....the way he explained it..is that you have to have 2 dual voice coil subwoofers. SOOO i dont know how to wire....I NEED HELP!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3054
can not wire to a 4 ohm load, best is a 2.66 ohm by running the dual 4 up to 8 ohms(series, + to - on both voice coils) the run the other sub parallel with the 8ohm sub. see www.the12volt.com

Bronze Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 64
Ok..another dumb question!!! soooo my subs make a popping sound when it gets soo high..like when i turn it up to 28 or 29...i got 2 subs..there each 300 RMS..so for both subs i need ATLEAST an am at 600 rms...well i got an alpine MRD-M605 rihgt....and thats a 600 watt MONOBLOCK amp...sooo they make this popping sound..i hooked MY subs up to one of my friends Kicker amp...its like a thousand watt amp..and they worked liek a charm! So i've come to the conclusion that its my amp rihgt? but what happend??did i clip it too much and its not sending enough watts to it???i wanan just restart sell all my stuff and get all new kickers..or some diamond audio..but i wanan fix this right now! so what would i ahve to do to fix it ..and why is it doin this?

Bronze Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 65
ok..so can i wire the SVC at 2 ohm and wire the DVC at 4 ohm??or not? im confused wiht this!!! or can i wire the SVC at 2 ohm(parallel) and wire the DVC at 8ohm?

Bronze Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 67
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us