My ampless install...

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 615
ill show pics tommorow... But i put my door speaker amp and subwoofer amp in my spare tire well. the install is SO SO SO clean..makes a big difference not seeing all those wires.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 627
What knid of amps are you useing?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 616
just a crappy amp right now and a 800watt "explode amp" for my door speakers..im switching out. My fosgate t10001bd is on the way. Soon as it arrives im throwing in 2 15" kicker cvrs

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7424
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6383
hahaha i like that smiley muddy.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7432
thanks.:-)

got it at SSA

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 682
If you have amps in your install then why did you name the thread this ?Well...I guess no amp for a sub...?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 617
im about to go take a ugly pic now..but i called it ampless because when you open the trunk you only see the subs...no amps or wires.lol

Gold Member

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6391
nice.

btw i hope you get some air circulation in there. you don't want them to overheat due to lack of air.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 618
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 619
i wont have to worry about the overheating until the fosgate arrives i dont care about that cheap amp

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1899
looks nice, but how does it sound?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 620
sound alrite on the inside..little less bass because the box is blocking the sound going on the inside..but when i get my new subs i think im going to have to dynamat it because it RATTLES LIKE A B!tch...like blaljfeodjfoljfojo...or i might just put a screw in my license plate because it flys up and down

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4837
I did a install in the spare tire as well before but one thing id do is make a custom rack and hide those wires maybe even use some neons depending on how elaborate you want to get....one thing you gain doing your install like that is trunk space but you want to be able to get at your spare tire easily if you ever need it

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6393
nice and clean install.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4838
you could also make a custom trim plate for your equalizer as well....i also did custom switches for my amplifiers before so i could turn them on and off as i liked this makes it nice for days you dont want boom or setting amplifiers up for sound quality purposes or a kill switch like I had in case of emergency to all the amps should i ever need it and a custom switch just for neons like i did also

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 621
yea i might buy a neon tube for the kickers im about to get...should make them look nice

Gold Member

Post Number: 4841
you means the kicker subs or amps? I meant for the amps cuz thats what I did ....i placed them beside my plexiglass windows along the wood frame and it looked nice

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 629
oh idk i was just talking out the side of my head. im not going to get any tubes unless i get trunk pop but my trunk isnt pretty enough for that

Gold Member

Post Number: 4842
i got some pics of my install for you here comes

Gold Member

Post Number: 4843
gotta shrink my pics arrg

Gold Member

Post Number: 4844
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4845
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4846
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4847
Upload

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 630
tight man tight..is that a mtx 1500?? and the audiobahn is taking it??you guys always have your subs in i can but only one part of my seat folds down so it would be stupid

Gold Member

Post Number: 4849
sorry for the color being messed up on the pics my buddies camera was messed up or something

Gold Member

Post Number: 4850
that is a mtx 275x a mtx 2150x and a mtx 81000d same amp as the 1500 but a different shell the sub is an audiobahn immortal 12 quad 2 ohm sub....but dont buy one they are junk....I sold all that stuff now hehe 250 amp fuse to run all three amps

Gold Member

Post Number: 4851
running at that time on a 100 amp alternator and a red top optima gel cell....i drained my battery to where it almost wouldnt start in a minute or less on average volume.....i forgot the car wasnt running

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobomb

Gainesville, Fl

Post Number: 13
Ok, quik Q. You arn't worried about overheating now, but what will you do about it when your Fosgate does arrive??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4852
you could mount fans on the spare tire cover and make false floor covers to cover the fans when the amps arent in use to keep things stealth ...just recess the mounts for the fans a little and use the parts you cut out as your false floor covers

Gold Member

Post Number: 4867
testing

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 632
oh.. sorry didnt read. do you know where i can buy fans of the sort you are talking about??

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 634
what do you have now sean??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4872
an image dynamics idq 12 dual 4 ohm and phoenix gold xs 5.25 compomets with tweets and I plan on trying a brand I dont want to mention lol which is going to be four 6.5 midbasses .....fronts will be running on phoenix gold tantrum 250.2 and the the 5 subs will be running on the phoenix gold xenon 400.1 ...oh and a phoenix gold tantrum bass cube for extra thump when I want it on the image dynamics

Gold Member

Post Number: 4873
headunit is yet to be determined but I would like a deck with a flip face 7 inch screen

Gold Member

Post Number: 4874
large square computer fans would work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us