Question about the fi's

Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 8
when you are at the fi audio site it asks if you want a 3rd magenet and cooling and everything. it costs extra but should i get it?? would the 3rd magent make it louder?? and are those good subs, cuz i heard alot about them

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 589
Depends how much power your going to put to them will determine if you need the extra modifications. If your running them at the normal RMS that Fi states, then you should have no problem and won't need to upgrade. Someone else should will give you more information, but thats my .2 cents.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7408
like Berny says...it all depends on how much power you want to run to it....

if yuo stick with 2kwRMS...then you will not need any of them. the 3rd MAg acts more like a spacer for the High Xmax Coil option, and cooling can't hurt anything, but it willnot make it louder, the only thing that will make it louder is:

a. more power
b. more excursion.:-)

Htown, MI

Post Number: 10
but if i dont get the upgrades will the subs blow or anything. would a zx1500 work or should i get the fi ssd's??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2037
i take it you were thinking of the x's to begin with since you never stated it.

Bronze Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 12
actually i wanted the Q's but i dont think that 1500 rms will cover 2 subs so i was thinkin of 2 ssd's.

and does anyone know where a good website is to buy boxes that are custom made or would work good for the fi Q's??

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7412
only the BTL's come with the cooling and 3rd mag option

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7413
if you are going to put them in a box...make sure it is custo built for the subs please. no prefabs.

also, i don't think 1500 would be enough, even though the ZX's are underrated.....

Bronze Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 13
oh well when i was goin to look at the specs on the subs it had upgrades for like 30 bucks or something so i dont know.

but anyways do you know any websites for custom boxes cuz i have no clue how to make one. and should it be ported or sealed??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2039
depends what you want from the sub, more output or better sq. if you can't make one i'd get one made at a store before ordering it from online. or get marshal to make you one, i think i have his email if you want it, and his prices are really good.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7425
i agree with mike^^

there are several people on the forum that could make you one for about half the price an audioshop would charge you.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 443
thats what i have is a zx1500 for my two 12 ssd's

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6394
so you got your chase? nice. some pics will be good.

phillip you should try a Q15 with that amp. it would sound good imo.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 383
Phillp- www.klausaudio.com builds custom boxes its a great site you pick your box sealed,ported,10-12,ect and then type in all your subs specs and your done. Shipping takes awhile b/c its custom made but its worth it.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7446
also...

www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Phil makes EXCELLENT boxes...

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 396
I think 2 SSDs would get louder then the Q and still have good SQ