Install Price

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 380
the dude who is prob gonna install my stuff for me is charging me $300 to install HU, sub, amp for sub, comp speakers, and amp for comp speakers.
is $300 a good price or shuold i look elsewhere?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 945
mabe instead of lookin elsewhere you should try and do it urself,

plenty of people here to help

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1879
yep, and its not hard at all.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1377
yeah we could probly walk you threw most of it maybe just get him to do the HU for you

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 381
is it really that "easy"? cause ive talked to a couple people and they have all said do it yourself.
if u guys dont mind, could u link me with some sites that would be a good read to learn and instructions or stuff like that.
honestly i dont have $300 to spend on install cause i figured this guy who i know owuld hook me up with a better price.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

Amman, Not USA Jordan

Post Number: 569
why 300$

100$ is good ..

And By the Way , u can do it by yourself and we will answer any of your Questions ..

Its Easy

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2739
what kind of car do u have jw some cars are harder then others even though in the end it still easy

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 383
2005 scion tc.
u guys are hyping this up to be pretty "easy." ima talk it over with my dad cuase hes gonna be helping me and ill see what he says.
hope its as easy as u all say

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3038
it is ok, for running 2 amps, and components and a head unit. I would offer them $275 and see what they say. especially if it is a shop and will warrany labor and cover any mistakes they make...like broken parts, etc... and most shops will lifetime warranty their labor, at least good shops will,

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 664
They will only warranty their products usually,meaning products that they sold you.That is expensive though...I'm sure you could do it yourself,it really isn't hard at all.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 384
alrite, i think im gonna have him install the hu since u all said its hard. and then go from there and try to do it myself and see how it goes. if it goes bad ill just use him.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 311
head units can be tricky at first, but hooking up subs and amps and all that is simple, theres like 5 wires running to an amp, dar...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1322
installing head units are easy with the proper wiring harness and dash kit... the hard part is taking the factory one out. some cars are easy and some are hard.. i could not do my VW head unit so i had to get it done..

honestly if i were you i'd find out how much they would charge for you to pull your factory head unit out. either way you'd have to pull the new one out they install to run the wiring for the amp to it so you might as well install that yourself.. its mostly all common sense and with patience you can do it. not to mention you can always say "yep i did it all myself"

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3693
im a installer and that price is about correct...

HU 50
AMP 75
AMP 75
front speakers 40
back speakers 40
sub?

so yea, it gets up there, but u get the job done professionally... say that... "professionally"

and ur scion dashes are fun.. lol
but I can do that job in about 30-40 mins.. lol
:-)

u can try to do itself, make it a weekend project if u want, risk burnin up some fuses or amp or hu... wiring everything is critical! also when u install ur own stuff u bought from the store, u dont even get no where near the full warranty!

also hope u have the correct tools to make the job easy and pretty...

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 387
alrite, ima try to do it myslef and see what comes from it. prob gonna post a bunch of questions on here so help me out if u see them.
speaking of tools, what will i need, i prob have most if not all of them needed.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 585
Look up crutchfield.com they have some tutorials. Thats how I learned.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 396
alrite, so shuold i atempt to puit the HU in cause if i cant then i have to take to him but i eventually have to take it out myself to plug in the wires to the back and then put it back in my self.
is it that hard or could i figure it out?

also what would be a good amp kit for a hifonics brutus bxiseries1206d? (1200rms at 1 ohm) (12"SSD sub)

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 404
Dont just have the shop put in the HU b/c you will just have to pull it back out to run your remote wire and RCAs. Do it yourself its easy, the hardest thing is all the trim/carpet you have to mess with to hide wires.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 397
alrite, well im gonna try to do it myself.
what would be a good amp kit for a hifonics brutus bxiseries1206d? (1200rms at 1 ohm) (12"SSD sub)

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1265
doing it urself is the best way cause then u learn how to do it so next time its all good. i installed my hu on my own for the first time its quite simple but u have to buy a wire harness which is like 6 bucks from walmart.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 627
i finally ran my own wires today for the first time..i had to rerun both sets of rca cables..it was easy just took me time since it was my first

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 399
alrite well im still looking for an amp kit for my hifonics brutus (1200rms at 1 ohm)?
and how long would this take me probably?
weekend? 3-4 days?
thanks

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 406
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Gauge-Amplifier-Wiring-Kit-Amp-Wire-Hook-Up-W-R CA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38636QQihZ004QQitemZ140044068405QQrdZ1

this a legit amp kit to use?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 722
im sure its ok, but the shipping is as much as the kit....just get one from wal-mart...they work fine, just remember to get the one that is big enough to handle the wattage for your amp

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 409
so walmart would be legit to use here?
and 4 gauge wire is good to use?
thanks bud
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us