Ported or No???

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 66
ok, i have 2 w3v2's and i have had them for a long time. i finally want to throw then in my trunk but should i get a ported box built for 150 or should i just buy a sealed box off ebay for about 60 cuz i'm really really low on money.

i guess my main question is, how much better is the spl in a ported box than a sealed and is it worth it in my situation. thanx alot

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 396
Honestly since those subs are not meant to get super loud i would just stick to sealed. Unless of course you have the tools available to you to make your own ported box in which case you can probably buy the material you will need to make it for $60 maybe less.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1891
even though they are sq subs id port them, but low, they say that ported is 3db louder then sealed which is twice as loud i believe, y not build your own for $50??

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 376
build ur own ported. its not as hard as you'd think. i just did my first one and it turned out pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7392
6-10db's is roughly twice as loud
^depends on the person^

and i wouldn't put any kind of sub in a prefab, so if your only options are spend $150 for a ported box, or $60 for a sealed prefab, splurge and go ported:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us