Help me with my do-it-yourself spare tire enclosure.

Bronze Member
Username: Style_front

Post Number: 12
To open this up I will start by saying I have never worked with glass before but plenty with wood and other misc. carpentry applications and more.... and I am a little embaressed to say I jumped on the band wagon by buying an ed.nine and Fi Q15 this last week. I would ussually like to hear these things myself before investing but you guys had an aweful lot of good to say about both units, and I went ahead and purchased. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit my FI q15 in a stealthy spare tire well enclosure and I'm trying to mount the sub (looking for 2.5 sealed) and amplifier subsurface mounted. I can invision it, where the amp is sunk into the box (or flush mounted), and the sub is also flush mounted covered by a speaker grill and the factory carpet concealing the entire system. It may possibly raise the entire floor of the trunk up a few inches, but thats fine because it will still save alot of space compared to putting a large mdf box in the back. Any help, or possibly pictures and a write up would be awesome.

The purpose for this is that I live in a city with a high crime rate and if my gear is out of sight then it is out of mind. I know it's not best for sound to cover a speaker but I can't imagine a thin piece of carpet standing much in the way of a 15 inch speaker and 1000 watts. My car is an 96 eclipse hatchback, if youve seen any spare tire enclosures in this car I would be curious to see or hear about them as well. In advance, Thanks for any and all input you guys have to offer. I'm headed for a long haul project.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1262
just tint ur windows if u havnt already and at night it will help prevent them from seein it and dont bump ur music were u live or park u car.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 604
i dont think hes lookin for ways to keep it from gettin stolen james, but also by savin some space. put plexy glass over your sub, then you can pull the rug up when ever you feel like givin some one a look. im not real sure how you would go about sealing the sub i there. but i think it would work good when you find a way. good luck

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 367
hey man look at what I did and I can help ya from there.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 368
hey man look at what I did and I can help ya from there.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/264172.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us