Loudest ride!

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 274
Got an email about this Scott guy getting the title for the 2nd year.

They've done it one more time! Scott Owens and Kyle Witherspoon have once again captured the title of having the loudest cars on earth in their respective categories. When the dust settled at the dB Drag World Finals this past weekend in Louisville Kentucky, Witherspoon cranked out an amazing 176.4 dB and Owens blasted a 178.3dB to take the Extreme Cup.

And his set up : 11 Pioneer 12" woofers and 44 Pioneer D5000spl amps.

Seems silly to me, but to each his own.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 425
.....which both fell on their face in world record time in death match. Losing both subs...and amps in the process.

I know, i was there.

Other brands had flawless matches, which were testements to the superior builds of the components used.

Pioneer has deep pockets....thus the first.

Nothing more ....or less.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7061
I couldnt agree more ren:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 816
I would say Alpine is a much bigger company and could spend more then Pioneer....so why are they not grabbing 1st place? Heck I would say Sony has more money, they could toss 25 12"s in a truck with some of their sweet amps and get some db......

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 817
Oh by the way, I'm not "protecing" in any way Pioneer so no come backs with pioneer fanboy will work! Just stating some different views perhaps!
I will be scrapping my Pioneers )future ideas kicking around) and getting some Helix subs.....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9439
apart from the $$$ thing y isnt another brand say DD , Atomic or Treo 4 ex not owning this title of worlds loudest !??? i am sure they can muster the $$$ 2 pull it off .......

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7079
they have over 1 million invested Rovin. DD isnt there yet man,

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 566
DD is n't there yey ???

How much DD's invested ??? APPROX ..

Did u ment they don't have 1 Million !!!!

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3685
nobody wants to give away free product! :-) Pioneer payed scott owens to close down his entire shop, and pays him to work on their vehicle. so u do the math... and he still fell 2 dbs....
:-)

Treo dont want to sponsor anyone, been there done that... Geroge @ Atomic is cool, but not that much money... DD? well they could do it easly also... Alan Dante for example with his 1 DD17... he is gonna be in extreme 3-4 next year, so we will see... Im sure he will be using the DDs and the Z2s...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2991
^^^^^^^^^

And the guy who talked about alpine... Alpine can't beat those pioneer premier SPL subs in loudness, alpine has better daily driving subs, better SQ but pioneer is louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us