Anyone ever own a phoenix gold xenon?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4830
if so are they any good? I like the idea of one because the power output is the same 1-4 ohms and it has a subsonic filter. It puts out 400 rms but I wont be using all that power so it would be nice for clean power. I only really need 150 to 200 rms.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9575
sup sean havent seen u in a while

but yeah xenons are great amps....If u only need 200 rms...maybe a jl 250/1 not sure what ur trying to power

Gold Member

Post Number: 4831
been busy havent had time for the message board...looks like that will be the amplifier for me ...thanks chauncey

Gold Member

Post Number: 4832
I ended up buying a phoenix gold tantrum 250.2 for 98.00 shipped brand new ....i liked the tantrum amps when they came out. Nice black powder coating too. Im gonna try the image dynamics on it with a sonic impact class t amp on my 5.25 phoenix gold xs components and if I dont like it im gonna do a single 6.5 inch tangband with my phoenix gold xs 5.25 compenents since the tantrum is tri mode capable. Would make for a nice and tidy 20 amp draw

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1363
yeah xenons are great, so are the tantrums, thats a good deal, where did you get it ebay?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2985
phoenix gold= good

Gold Member

Post Number: 4836
yeah I picked it up on ebay....I knew the tantrum amps were good just didnt know about the xenons

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3004
even the octane's are decent for what you pay.

Octane R 15.0.1 costs like 220 or less and put 1k at 2 ohms..

Some tips hehe..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4839
well I did some further investigating and found out the tantrum didnt have the features I wanted it to have so I ended up ordering the xenon 400.1 to go with my tantrum 250.2 now ill be set with almost any subwoofer setup

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2262
most phoenix gold are underated octane r giv you 5 to 10% more power the xenon thsoe are way underated i htink the 1200.1 do close to 1600 rms, i never heard the test of the 400.1 but im guessing that will give you at least 550 rms to 624 rms easily

Gold Member

Post Number: 4860
from what ive seen it wont be that much extra but all I need is 400 watts so Ill be ok....this is going to be a sound quality system so im sure those two amps will do the job...all I need to find is a nice headunit preferably one with a 7 inch flip face...down the road I want to do a computer in the car

Gold Member

Post Number: 4861
heck I was given a laptop so maybe ill put that in

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1399
noep lil rob x400.1 does 400-450 x600.1 does in the 800range. and the x1200.1 does 1200-1400

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1724
The Xenons do there rated and a tad more. The build quality fo these amps are great so you should have no problems. Goodluck, Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4868
thanks polo

I want to make this a nice clean install ill show pics when it's completed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us