Freak Fest everyone invited

Silver Member
Username: Mike17362

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 182
nah not really im trying to see if im going down the right road to beat two jl13w7 each of them has a jl1000 amp on them have not heard it yet but others have and they said he is sick with loudness but he has no eletrical upgrades. the setup im thinking of getting to go up against this guys daily setup is 1 dd9515 on a p3000.1 tuned at 32 and what i want to know is would i be any where close to him in anything. And befor any one says it yes i do have my electrical upgrade lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 687
dd as in digital design right not one of those bs MTX ones right? lol

DD for sure!

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 688
Your system just wont be as responsive (sq) your comparing a spl system to a SQ system so there will still be the difference of what your trying to achieve... just trying to make it louder right?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7319
i would tune it to 35hz, but that's me:-)

and also, what vehicle is his in? tuned to what?

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 183
where did mtx come from i have never used those and never well lol and if someone offerd me a jack hammer that is the only one i would use lol yeah it is the degital design dont know what he is tuned at or wnything like that like i said have not heard it yet hopefully this weekend im going to have alot of diffrent setups to talk about becuase im going to a big homecomming this weekend and it basicly be a car show and a big system comp with no meter just by ear lol i know it is ghetto but there be some crazy setups ther there oh and muddy the reason im going with 32 is because i want it to get low man lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7326
ohhhh ok:-)

if you can upgrade your alt. and have like 2 batts. and have that thing in a sturdy ported box with plenty of power, i think you will beat him.:-)

what kind of vehicle!!?!?!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 413
Wow.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 385
I really wish people would quit calling W7s SQ subs. They are not, and they are not meant to be. They are meant to be an SQL sub and they are not even good at that. W7 in a ported box=decently loud but sloppy. W7 in a sealed box=ok SQ but not much output. And before someone says i am wrong i have owned these subs and worked in a shop that sold them. JL is HIGHLY overrated especially for the price, this is just my opinion and i do not want to argue about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
And sqlcrazy if you have the room for a large box i would go with 2 subs rather than one b/c to get loud it takes cone area. Also just about any sub you give 3000 watts isnt going to have great sq where as 2 subs with half that much power has a lot more potential.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1540
i agree with kenny. i like the old kicker stuff :-)

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 185
so your saying go with two subs, if so what kind, i was thinking of two 3515 at one point

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2209
the special about the w7 its that its virtually free of noise while moving, and because of the design the jl sounds weird typically diferemt fromother woofers not like bad weird i mean good weird its sounds they have a diferent way of reproducing the sound i dont know why though

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 186
oh ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
2 3515s would be good, or even 2 audioque HD3s would be great. JL isnt that great though and it is SEVERELY overpriced so please dont consider buying it.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 187
lol oh trust im not buying jl

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Good, and i think 2 subs is your best bet, just make sure you have room for the box that they will require first.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1397
I second the HD3 motion, i have 1 on 1200 watts right now and it is loud and has pretty good SQ
2 on the P3000.1 would pound

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7341
word^^^...JL is for people with a lot of money who don't know any better. lol sorry, imo...there now it isn't truth...just an opinion......

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7042
To clarify things muddy JL isnt overpriced as a whole the w7's are. The w6's are well worth the ebay price you can get them for. Their amps are very nice aswell and again worth the ebay price. When talking about retail I dont think many products are worth their retail. There are a few but not many.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7366
o understand that James...but here is my gripes...

1. i don't like Mainstream, don't ask....long story
2. i HATE ebay, no warranty, not guaranteed what you are biding on.
3. i can get subs of the same caliber, for less...hook-up style. lol

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7044
for $299 it's tough getting a sub with the same abilty as the w6v2. Feedback ratings are there on ebay for a reason. You are right about the warranty but a lot of companies on ebay will warranty them for a year. I hear you about mainstream but you can't say that DD isnt mainstream. JL is so expensive because they have excellent customer service, a great reputation, and people continue to pay for their products so they will not lower the price. If you could sell apples for $5 a piece would you stop?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7371
i dont think DD is mainstream, nobody around here knows about it...only people on Forums! lolol

and no, i would sell them for $5 ifi could, good point. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9573
i can sell fire in hell

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7372
i can sell lube to a crack wh0re......

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 689
back to the w7 thing... i heard a pair in a sealed box along with sound deadening and all, just 2 of the 13W7s and they were pretty dammn loud but i do agree with them being overrated by everyone.. for that price expeccially

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 417
560 a piece for 13w7's?

That aint bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
JL sells a lot of products at their rediculous prices b/c people think they are the best. People only think this b/c they have not had the opportunity to hear better brands b/c they are not mainstream like JL. And its not just the W7s that are overpriced its EVERY sub/amp JL sells. Im not saying they make bad pruducts but for the money they are nowhere near worth it.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7045
if you are talking retail then I agree but ebay prices are fantastic and well worth it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
Mainly retail, but even at ebay prices there is better for the money, way better.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7047
I disagree

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 188
hey i just talk to the guy with the setup and he dont got w7 13 the guy that told me about it lied to me he has two w3 on two 1000 watt amps can i get one sub to beat this setup

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
EASY! Take your pick, about any high level sub from a good company will do. And his "1000 watt amps" cant really be putting out anywhere near that b/c those subs are rated at 300-400 i think so that pair of subs probably wouldnt handle a true 1000watts very well. I would still recommend the subs that i did before but just one instead.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 189
lol just got word from the guy that hooked his setup up that he only has one jl1000 watt amp on his subs and can i stay with the 3515 and beat him cause he really only have like 500 watts going to each sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
Yeah one 3515 should kill those subs in SPL. Just put in in a pretty big box and tune it around 35hz i would say.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 190
would it have those in low bass also and will i have any sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
It will have lower bass yes, but if that is what you are looking for you might want to tune it more around 30-32, should still get loud but it will be deeper and more SQ

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 191
ohhh ok thankx man any one else got something to say on it

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 584
Have fun beating him. I wish I had my car and the system to make everyone know my system was the loudest in high school. Only if I could go back in time. Would be pimp.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7082
lol berny

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 192
lol berny what would you get if you had your car

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1417
he has the car and the system its just not installed yet
2 Audioque HD3 15's
2 MA P3000.1

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6359
get 2 btl's with 2 2500wrms amps. you will sh!t on the guy's 2 W7s.

there is a guy with 2 w7's with 2 1000/1 and my car just blows his away in output. his does have better sq though.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 193
nah i just found out lastnight when i talk to him he has w3 and only have on thousand watt amp on the both of them the guy that told me about his setup lied about it and took it is wrong

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7419
wow....you might have made him cry with your setup...lmao

don't you love overexaggerations??:-)

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 194
muddy what are you talk ing about lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7439

quote:

1nah i just found out lastnight when i talk to him he has w3 and only have on thousand watt amp on the both of them2the guy that told me about his setup lied about it and took it is wrong

1. wow....you might have made him cry with your setup...lmao

2. don't you love overexaggerations??:-)

get it?? lmao!!!

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 195
lol which setup are you talking about muddy

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7505
the one you were going to get with 2 3515's if iirc...

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 196
oh ok i think ima start off with one for right now though just to see how dd subs really are cause im hearing alot of good things about them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us