500rms@2ohms....

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 726
ok so my buddy has two clario SWR 3041 svc 4ohm 250rms subs in his mazda mx3 rite now i jsut hooked them up to a 4 channel clarion he got with the subs, it sounds really good, but he wants to use to 4 channel to power his coax's so i told him i would find him a sub amp, so what should he get...nothing too expensive ebay is fine...but he also doesnt mind ordering off online stores...thanx advance...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7023
ebay there is a soundstream reference 500 on there:-) absolutely amazing amp.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 365
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX600-1-600-WATT-MONO-AMPLIFIER-SUB-AMP_W0QQitemZ2500 39502076QQihZ015QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

600 @ 2 ohms

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 610
BUDGET

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1867
JBL GTO 601.1II

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2982
alpine mrd 605

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 272
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-GM-D510M-1000Watt-Class-D-Mono-Car-Amplifier_W0QQite mZ280039181318QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 727
budget he hasnt really said nething but i know he wants to keep it as low as possible cuz he still needs money for other stuff, so prob under 200 would thos subs handle 600rms cuz combined they are 500rms, not sure cuz ive never used or heard much about clarion subs?....and wont the kicker put even more then taht cuz its underrated...?cuz i was looking @ a zx400.1 cuz i heard most kicker amps were underated so i figured it would be somewehre around 500rms?...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 728
night bump going to sleep jsut really want to know about how much they can really take and how much more the kicker amp will put out cuz i was thinking a kx/zx 400.1(prob somewher around 450-500rms, if what i know about kicker amps is right) would be good for those subs...thanks for all the above suggestions aswell

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 335
Killer, you can even hook them up to an 800w amp, it's all good, just keep the gain a bit down that's it. More is always better than less. And please let us know how it sounds, I want to know what your experience will be with Clarion bridged vs some mono block. I say it will not sound as good, but that's just me.
Oh, I found something for you:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=445

I say - you can not beat this value with any mono block:-) It gives 2x250w at 4ohm bridged, just the right thing and PG is a nice company.

Let us know what you decide.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 729
thanx alot maris, any one else have ne other suggestions, am i wrong or wont a class d draw less then a a 2hcannel amp of the same wattage..? jsut wondering cuz he has all stock electrical...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1341
yeah thats right class a/b are about 60% effeciant and class D is around 80%

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 730
ok thats what i thought thanks mat, u know about the kx or zx 400.1 putting out more then its rated....cuz if it puts out around 450-500rms it would be a perfect match for those subs...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1356
never seen any results from them but it its like all of kickers other amps then it probly puts out around 500, i also got a pg x400.1 does 425rms just throwing that out there

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 2012
jbl gto1201.1 :-)
250 shipped from me

Gold Member

Post Number: 2013
wire each sub to 8 ohms
then wire both subs together to present a 4 ohm load on the amp
and each sub will get 325 rms a piece

for 250 shipped..i will go as low as 225
let me no if ur frind is interested

reach me by my cell
or email
Drivingreckless@yahoo.com

check out my thread
v v v v v v

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/280045.html

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 731
u know what driving im gunna actually tell my friend about that, cuz then that way he we have tons of room when he wants to upgrade...and thanks for answering my question about the kicker amp mat... do either of u know if the the kx and zx 400.1 are class d...?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KICKER-KX400-1-ZX400-1-CAR-CLASS-D-MONO-AMP-AMPLI FIER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ004QQitemZ140040672043QQrdZ1QQsspagena meZWDVW
b/c in the above link, the seller decribes it as both class d and class a/b???and are they reliable to buy from thanks..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2017
yea i bought from them they are reliable
it says the kx400.1 is a class d
idk bout the zx

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 732
thanx alot for the help driving...im gunna ask him tomorw @ school and ill let u know...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2028
k

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1004
"wire each sub to 8 ohms
then wire both subs together to present a 4 ohm load on the amp
and each sub will get 325 rms a piece"

They're svc 4's, not dvc's.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 733
o yeah never even stop to think about that...so that amp would work at all unles i wired it to 8ohms whic it would put out very little power or to 2ohms and the subs would get eatin alive by that amp...lol to bad, cuz that would be a good amp for him to have for a future upgrade...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7099
the soundstream reference 500 would still be my choice.

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 277
I still think this is the best amp for the money! I've heard it and it slams hard!

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Pioneer_GM-D510M/

Gold Member

Post Number: 3006
^^^hmm.... benny we're talking about soundstream, kicker, phoenix gold and don't put pioneer amps there man...

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 278
For 90% of there amps, Your right! But sometimes they pull a rabbit out of there hat. The 510 is just that sort of a rabbit!

Its under rated, runs cool and is small enough to mount most anywhere.

I've installed 4 of these amps in 4 different cars and the owners were all very happy with them.

Once in a while Pioneer gets it right, I'm just given credit where credits do!

There very few brands that do everything right. Puting your faith into one is foolish. The three brands you spoke of all make good amps and also have some very just ok amps (as in nothing special).

I now run CrossFire in my rig but still like my old SS VGA's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3012
benny, you need to remember when you're buying an amp you must know if you can sell it in the future, cuz if i buy a kicker i might sell it quicker than a pioneer you know what i mean... unless you're making a Big system and you know you're not going to change it..

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7113
The soundstream is class A pure SQ:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us