Amplifier won't start after previous Uninstallation. HELP ASAP.

Username: Motox2399

Post Number: 1
I uninstalled my AMP to put new Carpet in my truck. I did everything by the book. Took the Negative Terminal off pulled the wires from the AMP and uninstalled it. I went to put it back in and everything went fine. But now my AMP wont turn on? I Tap the Remote line against the Remote Terminal and the Fan moves a tad and a Red light appears for a second. Then A REAL REAL DIM Green light appears on the AMP for 2 Seconds. Then it never starts. All the fuses are fine and not blown. Although after an Installation is there a procedure I'm suppose to follow to reinstall it? Like Reset the AMP or somthing? This is really ticking me off.. It's a Kenwood 1,200W Amplifier RMS 800. I've had it for a Week. And hasen't even been turned up. Do I have to reset somthing on the AMP?

Bronze Member
Username: Kai2780

Post Number: 17
have you checked your ground?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7016
well you are sending it into protection thats what teh lights are telling you. Make sure that the red wire goes to B+ and the black goes to Ground, and the thin Blue goes to remote. make sure the speaker wires are not touching eachother. all it takes is one strand of copper to touch somewhere it shouldnt and there you go. Just go back and unhook everything then rehook it all making sure it is all right.

Username: Motox2399

Post Number: 3
It was the ground... Oddly I just pulled it up from the metal and screwed it back in and it worked lol? Amazing XD

Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 1
Yeah, sometimes you have to scratch the paint depending on how it's grounded.
I've had bestbuy blow a rockford p8002 hen they were new(04), installing a deck I bought. Pretty weak.

Bronze Member
Username: Kai2780

Post Number: 19
easy to overlook but, a good place to start for any current problems.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7050
awsome man glad you are back in business.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us