New Subs

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 376
Ok im lookin to get some new subs but i need some help. Ive got the mb quart raa 1000 amp for subs,and the mb quart raa 2400 and the orion hcca 225 for comps (dont no which one ill use) but ive decided to get the crystal SSCS 6 6.5 comps. Now for the subs should i get...

2 Crystal PRO X210
4 Crystal PRO SE 10.4
2 Ascendant Audio Arsenal 10's
4 Ascendant Audio Assassin 10's

I want just a lil better sq than spl but i still want them to get very loud when i want them to and still sound good. I problly shouldnt even be comparing 4 subs to 2 but i havent had any experience with either brand. Ill be using a sealed enclosure on whichever i decide and they are going in an x-cab truck.Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1313
i like the assassins so they have my vote, 2 or 4 is really up to you

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 377
Right now ive got a jl 12w6v2 in a ported box and it sounds great in spl and sq but im just kinda gettin tired of it. JL is the only good brand people know around here so i want somthing different. Ive heard that crystal is more of a spl brand and AA is great in sq,is that true? So i guess my question is out of those subs which is the best over all in both sq and spl?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9549
"Ive heard that crystal is more of a spl brand and AA is great in sq,is that true?"

both are geared toward sq....

the x210's and the arsenal are the best subs u mentioned...sql wise... the pro se and the assassin are very similar..in both spl and sq.....

what it comes down to is how many subs u want..and whats cheaper....but neither of them will be able to touch the w6 in sq...if u put it in its rec.enclousure.....

BTW....NICE COMP CHOICE!!! THOSE ARE BADASS

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 378
Thanks ive never actually heard those comps just heard great things about them on here and then i got to looking at their subs. And ill problly just get 2 subs so forget about the assassins and the crystal se. So between the crystal prox210 and the arsenals which would be better in spl if they are about the same in sq?

One other thing,before i was looking at these subs i was thinking about 2 10" treo ssi's but it says they need 700-750 rms each (cant remember exact rms) and i only have 500 each to give them,would they do allright with 500? I know those are more expensive but if its worth it then i can spend the extra $. Thanks.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9550
ssi's are nice subs...but there not really worth the money imo.....how much $$$ do you have for subs???? because arent the treos around 300???

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 379
I think about 250 each but i was gonna look on ebay ive seen them sell new for like 150. But like i said i would like to stay around 300-350 for 2 10" subs.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9552
Well. have u looked at the soundsplinter rl-i?? that would work great with 500 watts and the price is great!!

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli_ignition_series_8_inch_and_10_inch_diy_subwoofe r_drivers.html

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 380
Arnt those single 4ohms? If they are then i couldnt give them 500rms my amp is 2ohms=500 1ohm 1000. And the crystal prox210 is $67 new at ikesound.com How would 2 10" crystal prox210's compare to my 1 12w6v2?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9556
the rl-i are dvc 4ohm....

sq should be better, since ur going from ported to sealed...even though the w6 is an amazing sq sub...

spl should be a toss up...in theory a ported box will add 3-4dbs or twice as loud..soooo....it will depend on install

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 381
Ok i think im gonna go with the crystal prox. I just dont want to be disappointed in them. But if ill get better sq than my w6 and spl will be about the same then i think ill be happy and at only $67 a piece you cant beat it. Thanks Chauncey.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 382
Ok ive been looking at some other posts and i seen people talking about stereo integrity and fi. Ive never heard of them but i trust everyone on here so now im back where i started. The stereo integrity subs seem nice but kinda pricey but the fi subs are pretty cheap. i was looking at the fi.x series and they are only 300rms would they do ok with 500rms? Or would that be too much? I was also thinking of one 12" fi.q its 1000rms that would match my amp perfect. So either 2 10" fi.x getting 500rms each or 1 12" fi.q getting 1000rms which would be better overall??

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7417
i wouls get the 1 12" Q man. that thing would sound very nice and get plenty loud. i plan on going with a similar setup:-) in the 12" Challenge the Q was slightly louder than the Mag in a ported configuration, they didn't test either woofer sealed, but the results would have been pretty much the same, just on a lesser scale, b/c they would have been sealed. and don't let the numbers fool you, theu did those withmusic, not test tones.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 384
So do you think 1 12" q would have better spl and sq then my 12w6? w6 is in a ported box tuned to 30hz getting 500rms the q will be sealed with 1000rms

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7447
hmmmmm....i say no, other people say no, and the Results for the 12" Challenge says no.

the W6 has amazing SQ, and the Q comes in a slight bit behind....but youwill gain more output for sure.:-)for sure:-)

but....i could be wrong, b/c you have the W6 ported, and the Q will be sealed....only you will find out! lol

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 385
Well i want to switch from ported to sealed with whatever sub i get i just feel like im missing out on alot of higher bass like in rock music. My sub that i have now gets pretty loud with the low rap music bass but im not happy with the bass in rock music. Maybe i should just put my w6 in a sealed box? But then agian i kinda want to get away from JL b/c everyone around here thinks they are the best car audio company around,all they no is the best buy stuff ya know what i mean? Also i kinda wanted a pair of 10's i think 10's are the best sounding subs imo. Maybe ill try out the crystal prox i dont know, im just stuck.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9475
crystal subs r very nice 50/50 in SQ & SPL - i heard a few in person

i had ur MB amp - gr8 amp choice

instead of having 2 subs IMO i'd get a single 12 like the Q or a single 12" comp 12 (site says 4ohms dvc just like the cmpx2 but i've seen 2ohms dvc in them as well) ......

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 386
Thanks about the amp, it is great! But why would you get 1 12" instead of 2 10"s? Wouldnt 2 10's be louder? And i have a truck so 10"s would be better for me the 12 i have now is to big it barley fits in my truck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us