Just metered 2 12's...in a shop!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3521
Yep...hooked up my TL at a new local shop and played around w/ it for alil while.

They just got a few pre-fab boxes in from Hooker Audio, and i have to say...they are by far the nicest pre-fabs i have every seen!

We stuck two Pheonix Gold RSd 12's in one of the Hooker boxes and hooked it up to the Autotek 1000d on their sound wall. It sounded great in their building...they just have an open sound wall, no sound room.

The building is 30ft x 36ft and has 8ft tall ceilings...we put my TL in the opposite corner of the room, ran a sweep, and metered 127.8dB @ 44hz!! That is rediculous in that size room! The subs were clean and really got down.

Then we stuck the box in a hall-way that was ~4ft wide and 30ft long. We did 135.6dB at 45hz!!! LMAO. These #'s may seem small, but take into account the size of the rooms and you will see just how crazy this is!

All in all:
Hooker Audio prefabs = nice prefabs...speaker terminal on one of the boxes leaked alil, but you see that all the time w/ speaker terminals.

PG RSd 12's = nice clean sounding subs...this shop was selling them for $150 each. GREAT sub for that price IMO.

Autotek amps (mm1000.1d, mm1400.1d, mm2000.1d) = nice amps for the price. this shop was planning to sell the mm2000.1d for only $700!

oh and BTW, i also metered my RE re8 in my new superport box. I hooked it up to the MTX TA2301 (300wrms @ 2ohm) on the sound wall...did 161.4dB :-), my "port" is way too short though...gonna try ~3ft later on and try getting it alil louder.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2715
cool nice job marshall

ya i saw somewhere the autotek 2000.1 retails for 1200 im happy i got mine for 400 bills

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2157
why u paid so much for those autoteks??/ it has same board as some hifonics brutus. hey only change a few caps

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3666
no it doesnt have the same board... its a super d...

charlie got a brand spankin new amp for a good price tho.. :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3667
amazin #s in that show room... :-) marshall u guys need to TL the autotek 4000.1 oon like 4 subs

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3528
I may have to talk them into letting me demo a 4000.1d in my truck at 1.4ohm on my 9515 :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3681
:-O
that will be a nice demo...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9586
Did i miss something??? I thought Hifonics where super d's 2?????

oh and yeah hooker audio has nice stuff...my boi has some of there wire and stuff seems pretty sturdy

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1317
My whole car is done with hooker wiring..1/0 power & ground, rcas, distro block, ciruit breaker ect.. damn good products

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3683
CB yeah they do make super Ds also... I hadnt check recently... I guess the newer stuff is better.. but the autotek quality will still be better.. lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1695
"My whole car is done with hooker wiring.."

Ya I did my car with a Hooker too, or was it I did a Hooker all over my car?Hmmmm... :-O

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 650
What kind of circuit breaker Kevin and what line is it on?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 702
hooker? hu huh huUpload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1318
200A .. on the main 1/0 running to the amp

I swear I had a pic of it but idk where it is.. if i find it ill post

Gold Member