Which amp is better???

Bronze Member
Username: Bigben

Post Number: 93
is hifonics amp bettet than kicker amps??? i was thinking of HIFONICS GENERATION XX HERCULES. is this a good amp.. what is their actual output? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2998
no, kicker is better

Username: Bbm43452

Port clinton, Oh Us

Post Number: 1
Now that maxxsonics owns hifonics they are using alot of technology from autotek to improve there speakers and amps. I think the newer class D hifonics are on the same playing field as Kicker

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9491
Any amp they make >3000rms i would not touch....

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6867
Kicker is much better

Port clinton, Oh Us

Post Number: 2
Is this forum one big kicker plug? Bang for the buck Hifonics is way ahead! Anybody remember the oldschool hifonics?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9498
"Is this forum one big kicker plug"

Hardly.....more like quailty and quailty only...

oh and the oldschool hifo are pretty nice....

Port clinton, Oh Us

Post Number: 3
Hey chaunc you ever hear of credence?

Username: Haydog_08

Arkansas US

Post Number: 10
Kicker is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1003
<b><i>"Is this forum one big kicker plug?"</b></i><br>
<br>
Generally, yes. It's one of the handful of brands that can be spoken highly of here w/o someone throwing a fit about it being no good.

Brutus vs. Kicker I'd definitely consider kicker a higher quality amp.
The Gen XX line, however, are some very nice amps. To just say Kicker's clearly better is pretty ignorant IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2935
With hifonics you will get a good quality amp with more bang for the buck. Kicker high end stuff can be expensive... But kicker quality is superior

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 314
LOL Kicker is far from the best

Port clinton, Oh Us

Post Number: 4
THANK YOU Maris. When I hear "the best" I think of names like D&D, RE, USAMPS, ZAPCO, BRAVOX, MOREL, MB QUART, VALOR. Kicker is so far from the top. Somebody name something kicker makes for SQ????? If you are looking for loud, pioneer owns the loudest title! I don't think anybody else has gone over 180 yet. Autotek use to make better subs and way better amps than kicker. Their older amps are highly sought after. This should get some things warmed up in here. LOL Can anybody under the age of 25 tell me who makes kickers subs (except for the oversees made solo X garbage)???

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6894
You can't compare new Hifonic's with old Hifonic's thats like comparing old orion to new orion or old soundstream to new soundstream, they are completely different companies that make them now. Old Hifonic's were power house amps:-) I loved them and would still run one any day if one happened to come my way. New low-mid line Hifonic's is outsourced Cr@p IMO and should be avoided at all cost's. Kicker is far from the best, they make decent AMPS, and the sub's are OK. I wish you could still compare the older built USA made products to the new overseas junk that is cheaply produced today. I used to love kicker back when stillwater designs made them, also back when RF was all about Raw power( Power line and Punch line) of the 80's and early 90's:-) The reason pioneer has hit 180 is not due to the fact that they make incredible products because they don't by any margin. They have a fantastic install, and a huge huge budget of $1,000,000. You give DD that budget and I guarentee you that record will be broken. Autotek is another company that sold out, they used to make top end amps man I wish money didnt make the world go round, it really sucks!!!!! Another company that I wish never sold out is PPI, Man I loved the early 90's for car audio.

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 320
Yes James, the good old PPI Art series, man those were some nice amps, I have had 3 of them, all 404's, it's amazing when you buy a 12 year old amp and it perfoms like it was just born:-)

Yeah and I never did get to try the old RF's (I heard they were very good), however, I do know that on the new ones not only you can power your speakers but you can fry eggs on them as well after about 1/2 hour playing:-)

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6932
lol yup! I have a ppi a600.2 that I bought brand new in 1996 along with 3 jl audio 10w6's that to this day all still perform as the day I got them. You don't get that from the majority of today's car audio:-( unfortunately. You want to talk about hot I have a soundstream reference 300 from the mid 90's that is pure class a:-) it gets hot as a mother but sounds amazing:-)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2946
^^^^hahahaha.... Is hard to find a good product right now... And that's true, pioneer has a BIG budget for events that's why they have the record...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6970
to much money to make there products appear to be something they are not. You dont see DD or RE doing that because they don't need to:-)

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 325
Yeah, Pioneer can only make nice HU's, the rest is pretty much crap:-)

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7020
yup I agree completely.

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3678
I agree also... lol

and pioneers guy owens cant even get over 178 this year, thats ashamed... lol

:-)