Power Problems, Help!

Username: Bobid77

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new here and I hope I can get advice. I have 2 Kenwood Exceleon Amps, 4x88 rms and 1x540 rms. I have 4 Infinity Reference 6x9s and one Alpine SWR-1222D. I have 4ga. wire form the battery to a power distribution block and turns into two 8ga. for each amp. Each amp is grounded seperately with 8ga. I use 12ga. wire for the sub and my alternator is 105amps. My headlights and interior lights dim when the sub is playing, it doesnt hit hard much at all and the lights dim pretty bad on real low bass notes. I have not upgraded the power wire from the alternator to the battery. What should I do? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1235
try grounding each amp with 4guage, and you could upgrade the power wire from the postive post on your alt. to the postive post on the battery with 4guage

Bronze Member
Username: Monk

Post Number: 14
someone please help me!!
Rockford fosgate amp. TYPE RF X5.A (no fuse on amp)
400 rms x1 @ 4ohm
700 rms x1 @ 2ohm
Alpine Sub. TYPE-R 10" sub
500 rms
Use in line fuse by battery 50 amps.

I hook up 4 guage from battery to RF amp.
And 4 gauge ground. Play it for a couple of months, then it burn the power voltage on the amp. The amp is in the repair shop right now.
Can someone let me know, Did I hook it up wrong?
Please show me how to hook it up, so it doesn't burn the amp anymore? P.S. The amp. doesn't have a fuse on it. Oh, one more thing, does hooking up a CAP. help? Thank You!!

Bronze Member
Username: Monk

Post Number: 17
Oh, I forgot that the 50 amps in line fuse by the battery did not burn, it just burn the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us