Eq and HU Qeustion

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1023
hi ppl.
If a HU (860) has 6 volt rca outs and it is pluged into this, F/R "Y" in and sub in aux.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D280034588246&ssPageName=M ERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=280034244600&itemcount=4&refwidgetlo c=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget
will the 6 volts still reach amps? or will it degrade the signal. what other options are there for a eq to substain or increase rca line voltage. Budget is negotiable

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2985
if you want something like that, use an audiocontrol three.1 or along the same quality. it has ability to send 13volt peak.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1059
Yea, ok, So just to reprase the question,
Iwll an EQ degrade the output of the HU.
If the HU puts out 6 volts, will the signal still be 6 volts after running throught the EQ? Or will the EQ.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 357
Depends on the EQ. Can your EQ take 6V? You will have to match the output and input, I am pretty sure you can find the details of process on the Audiocontrol website, it's been a few years since I used an external EQ.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1067
well, Eq website has no contact info, but it states it is 5 volt out. Anyway I bought it. Now to find a Pioneer P860

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4816
Then all you will receive is 5v output from the EQ.

There was no reason to buy an EQ, if you can return it, I highly suggest you do so. If you bought it so you could add an extra amp, you could have done the same thing with a simple pair of y-splitter cable.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1073
na, Im gonna keep it. I like playing with an EQ. As far as adding another amp, Im running 6 right now, about to add # 7. a new JL E2150. corurius (CS) as to why you think an EQ is not a good idea?Besides, I all ready opened the dash for 1.5 din.

Upload

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1074
bump

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1104
Well, I just got it, and it has gain adjustments in and out 1-7 volts in and out. So I can set it for the 6 in and 7 out. Nice. Now to get a HU.

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us